LNBF Test Comparison: SL1PLL, PLL321S-2, Chaparral

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Ok I have spent the biggest part of a day doing this in between rain. Sometimes it was not raining, but had to wait for the sky to clear.
Brian you asked me after you sent me, some SL1PLL's for an honest review and comparison. So on my day off I have been going since this morning. Like I said I would have posted this way sooner, but due to rain, I held off, wanting a better test. So when the clouds would break and the Sun would come out I would get busy. Then it would rain so I was back to waiting, and sometimes waiting and waiting...GRRR
I posted a review of my thoughts on this LNBF with some comparison last week but it was very crude. So at Brian's request I have slaved all day to make a better one.
On a side note not mad about the rain, boy do we need it bad.

Ok .. After two weeks now of having a SL1PLL and now thanks to Brian I own 3 of these beauty's. I must say I am very impressed. I am not just saying this because I am Staff and that Brian has been good to me. I am just telling how it is. This is why Brian again wants reports from the people that won them. He wants honest reviews. So anyway I have been at it all day. Tuning the dish to perfection on a satellite and then very careful to change out the LNBF as to not mess with the rest of the dish. Also yes after I changed LNBF's I did check the dish and skew for perfection on whatever LNBF was hooked up to make sure each LNBF had the benefit of the doubt.

I used the GEOSATpro SL1PLL - Avenger PLL321S-2 - and - Chaparral LNBF's for this test so you look at the numbers and draw your on conclusion. I used a SatHero Meter for dBuV and CNR readings. The Quality reading I took off of the microHD.

I chose to use different Satellites then what Brian used in his tests. I used 83W, 87W and 101W.

So let me know what you think?
View attachment LNB Comparison 83.pdf
View attachment LNBF Comparison 87.pdf
View attachment LNBF Comparison 101.pdf

Last edited:
Great testing and presentation. I fully understand how much time this type of testing and reporting can take!

Notice that on 101w you had a no lock of a transponder on two of the LNBFs. This is a fat and commonly tuned transponder. Rather odd that the two LNBFs didn't lock on the meter, but locked with Quality on the microHD and SL1PLL. Not sure what to make of that...

Interesting that I found similar results in my tests on 103w and 125w on frequencies and using LNBFs that I expected to easily lock. I triple tested and even increased the lock time to 5 seconds without being able to lock on to these transponders.

Yeah I tried everything to get a lock, would have had more data if it was not for the rain. I was stumped to on the no lock.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts