Status
Please reply by conversation.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

I'm having a problem loading my new transponder list into the 300HD.
I followed the directions carefully and it appears that my xls file converts to the bin file that the 300HD needs to load. After then hooking it up to my computer the Sathero screen says loading and after giving it a minute, I unplug it from the computer and there are no satellites listed in the 300HD. When I check the bin file in notepad all I see is the word info. No other information has transferred in the process of conversion. After searching the internet I read where this process doesn't work with windows 10. So I hooked it up to a laptop running on windows 7 and the same thing occurs .No info is transferred during the conversion process.
Any ideas out there ??
Thanks in advance.

John

I run Linux. That being said, I had issues with my 200HD, which uses the same as the 300 (I believe), with the file being copied to the meter, but it would not install. I run 2K in a virtual machine, and used it to upload the file and it worked. I don't recall if Windows 7, was supposed to work or not. If you have a copy of XP or 2K around, set it up in a Virtual machine, with USB support, and see if that cures the problem. Or, an easier method, if you have another old computer that still works with XP on it, use it to copy the file over to the meter.

With my issue, I just assumed that Linux was terminating the the copied file with something a bit different that what the meter was expecting. Don't know if 7 and 10 could be the same deal or not.

Reactions: JFOK
Never heard of it not working with Windows 10. I use windows 10 just fine.
When you plug in your meter, is your computer assigning it a drive letter? If so are you opening that and then open another file window and navigate to where your .bin file is....then just drag and drop and done.
It will continue to say loading.... forever. Once you drag and drop, it is done, hold power button to turn off your meter, remove USB cable and then turn back on.
What is the file size of your .bin file? It should be around 8kB.

bpalone,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have any older pc s running on XP or 2K.
I don't have any copies of those programs lying around either.
Thanks anyway for your suggestions...I appreciate it.

John

Hi Michael,

My computer does assign my meter a drive letter...J.
I tried the drag and drop method several times with the bin file, but it didn't work.
My 300HD has no info on it at all after trying this.
The file size of bin is 7.75kb.
Very frustrating to say the least.
If its no trouble, maybe you could convert it to a working bin file for me with your computer set up, if I emailed my xls file to you.
Never the less...thanks as always, for your help.

John

Hi Michael,

My computer does assign my meter a drive letter...J.
I tried the drag and drop method several times with the bin file, but it didn't work.
My 300HD has no info on it at all after trying this.
The file size of bin is 7.75kb.
Very frustrating to say the least.
If its no trouble, maybe you could convert it to a working bin file for me with your computer set up, if I emailed my xls file to you.
Never the less...thanks as always, for your help.

John
Sure, email it too me, or attach it right here.

Reactions: JFOK
Michael,

I'll post it right here in case others would like to use it.
Thanks for your help...much appreciated. ;)

John

Attachments

• Sathero300HD2017.xls
    57 KB · Views: 128
Here ya go! :)

Attachments

• JFOK2017.zip
    144 bytes · Views: 111
Just loaded that file and it is indeed blank. Hmmmm. Let me check something and get back with you.

Michael,

Thanks..I just tried it and NO GO !!!
I get the same result. No satellites listed on my meter.:(

John

Take this and see if you can turn it into a .bin file and upload it.
If so, mod it like you want leaving the headers the same and don't mess with them.

Attachments

• 01302017_NA_List.xls
    72.5 KB · Views: 129
.bin file.

Attachments

• 01302017.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 92
Whom ever wrote the code, made it very picky on how those headers are. If you compare the headers at the top, on line one, you will see what I mean.

Michael,

I changed the headers on line one of my xls sheet to match yours.
Still doesn't load. Don't know why. Guess I'll stick with yours.
Thanks again.

John

Hmmm that is strange. I had the same issue a couple of years ago when the 200HD and 300HD came out. Turns out I had to use one that tech support emailed me and then I modded that one to my taste.
I was using one I had use with the original 200 NOT 200HD.
That list is not up to date. I just added Jan 17 to the top of it to make sure it loaded and I didn't still have the old one.
So take my list and modify it with the transponders you want and then run it through the software to produce a BIN file and make sure it loads ok.
Then you are more than welcome to post that file up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.