Local channel disputes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Funny enough is late 2015 my company (Atlantic Broadband) finally turned off analog for Extended Basic (Nat Geo, Discovery, etc). We had analog and digital copies of those channels since Jan 2014. ABC, NBC, etc still both analog and digital. Due to some analog they are legally required to provide local's ClearQAM.

Anyway on to my point, they still keep leaving traps on people's lines that were to block 23-75 if you had Locals only with or without Internet or block 2-75 if only Internet.

They basically have themselves in a bind to add more HDs for local customers or more Internet channels for Internet Customers due to not going around and removing all these traps.
Very true!!

They basically have themselves in a bind to add more HDs for local customers or more Internet channels for Internet Customers due to not going around and removing all these traps.
I'd be willing to wager than most of the low end spectrum is being used for DOCSIS uplink (up to 240MHz with DOCSIS 3.1) so they're not really giving up much.

I'd be willing to wager than most of the low end spectrum is being used for DOCSIS uplink (up to 240MHz with DOCSIS 3.1) so they're not really giving up much.

They are still taking a while to get 3.1 here. DOCSIS 3 with Ch 84-94 & 100-112.

They have almost all analogs in the lower area except Ch 7, 16, 19, and 20 but all filled with digital TV channels though.

A few months ago they tried moving Digital TV Chs 83-85 but had to move them back the next week as many customers went "Woah, I can't receive at least 20 of my channels!". They had many customers not seeing MeTV, Antenna TV, and THIS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts