Local Channel Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dosborn278

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2004
Well I'm not getting any of my local channels now (I was geting 2 of the 5 last night), but when I did get them I didn't get them in wide screen format so I had a black bar on each side. If I changed the aspect ratio on my TV, it just scaled the balck bars along with it so I assumed it was a problem with the VOOM box (With my analog cable the picture was always scaled to wide screen.) I called VOOM and he had me play around with the picture formatting setup which did nothing. He then checked into it and told me if the local channel is just broadcasting in SD it will look like this, but if it is HD it will be wide screen. Is this true? If so is it a show by show basis or a channel by channel basis?

Show by show basis. Usually SD programs are broadcast 4x3 and HD programs 16x9 (WS). So which channels are you seeing in the PG. That is locals. I will suggest unplug/plugging your receiver. Let me know. There are other things you can do but I am leaving in about 10 minutes and won't be back until after 12pm (EST)

Okay, but is that a show by show formatting, or if one show on a channel is SD then does that mean they all will be?

dosborn278 said:
He then checked into it and told me if the local channel is just broadcasting in SD it will look like this, but if it is HD it will be wide screen. Is this true?

Your locals are formatted in wide screen, but when the broadcast itself is 4:3, the 4:3 is placed within the 16:9 with bars filling it out. Thus why you can't stretch it.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts