Are you willing to pay extra for your local sports channel?

truqui said:

Dang...I forgot to ask about the DVR... :mad:

I did this morning! I asked if there was a "waiting list" for the DVR. No mention of when it was coming, but I was told that a notation would be made on my account that I wanted one a.s.a.p.

So, there. I'll get the first one!

:)

riffjim4069 said:
While I'm on a roll...perhaps VOOM should hire Howard Stern and offer a premium tier called Ba Ba Booey. :rolleyes:

LOL! Hopefully, he'd do for VOOM what he's done for Sirius! :D

In my area there is MSG, FSNY, YES and soon the Mets. If I cannot get them all (I also could live without them), it will be a downer. Please get them so I can drop my cable bill.

I'd love to get MSG-HD, FSNY-HD, and the Mets Network in HD. I could live without YES, which is not available in HD.

No I would not.... I have VAVAVOOM and I live just outside New Orleans.. Why would I want to pay Extra to watch the A'ints or the Hornets....... LOL LOL Lol.......

I have VaVaVoom, but I don't watch sports.

I would prefer that all the 300 series channels and all other sports channels were a separate premium package that I would not have to pay for.

Sean Mota said:
In my area there is MSG, FSNY, YES and soon the Mets. If I cannot get them all (I also could live without them), it will be a downer. Please get them so I can drop my cable bill.

Hi Sean,

Same as me, i am a big NY sports fan but live in NorthEastern Pa (Scranton Area). This is only 100 miles away from NYC and both DirectTV and DishNetwork have my Geographice RSN region to include the NY RSN's so i receive Pro sports on them (not blacked out). This is the main reason i am also paying for Dish now (for the RSN's). I just have a bad feeling that when Voom finally adds the RSN's i am going to hear the CSR say, "sorry sir, you have to live in NY to receive those channels". I hope i am wrong and Voom follows the same geographic RSN database coverage areas as DirecTV and DishNetwork do. I love my Mets, Jets, Knicks and Rangers and am really excited about the possibility of getting them in HD, that is why i was hoping voom would offer Super stations like WPIX in HD to the rest of the country.

I have VaVaVoom and I don't care about sports unless it's the NFL so I wish the NFL channel was still in HD. And I only pay half attention unless they are talking about the Dallas Cowboys. But since E* doesn't carry the NFL channel, I'm happy to get it at all.

I'm not that concerned about RSNs anymore since my local one, Empire Sports Network, recently turned off the lights. Also, there's no hockey.

Hum, this has gotten me thinking. Currently the VOOM Package includes the Sports and Marquee HD Plus Packs for "free." On our bills it used to say "A $10.00 Value" next to each of those. VOOM may be moving to where those Plus Packs are no longer free and "Discovery Networks" may become a Plus Pack or (being a little positive) with your VOOM Package ($49.95 after all grandfathering for early adopters is complete) you can choose 2 Plus Packs.

Since there were only 2 "$10.00" Plus Packs, VOOM maybe waiting until more channels go up so they can create several "$10.00" Plus Packs to choose from. Because additional Plus Packs haven't been created yet new channels get lumped into the Va Va Voom package.

Just thinking out loud :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)