What New Channels Are Mandatory for You/Your Family?

I'm reasonably happy with the current content. Sure would love some more HD such as InHD and HDNet.

Only channel I really miss since moving from the UK is Sky News. (Sky Sports News is shown occasionally on Voom, so I guess Sky News is a possibility also).

DVR would be nice but it's not a make or break issue for me at this time.

Definitely want:

MSG-HD (Madison Square Garden Network-HD) - Has my Rangers, Mets, and Knicks in HD.

FSNY-HD (FOX Sports New York-HD) - Has my Mets in HD. Also has Islanders and Devils games in HD.

Mets Network-HD (new RSN debuting in spring 2006) - Obviously for my Mets in HD.

Also would like:

NHL Center Ice package (currently only SD) - If the NHL ever gets going again.

ESPN2HD - ESPN's NHL regular season games will only be on ESPN2.

YES Network (currently only available in SD) - While I'm not a Yankees or Nets fan, I do watch them occasionally and I watch the Mike and the Mad Dog simulcast on YES almost everyday.

vicki,

why does it seem you are always referring to a JOE SIX PACK?
are you some liberal on the left coast who thinks that the masses are wrong and you are somehow correct?

for VOOM to succeed , you need joe and jane six pack and it seems it is killing you to admit that????!!! if it wasnt for the six packs your bill would be $300.00 per month and they would still be where they are!! going broke and taking dolan senior along for the ride.

FOX Sports Chicago (GO CUBBIES!) and Noggin.

I dropped Dishnetwork last year at the end of the baseball season, making VOOM my sole provider. at that time, voom already had Fox sports Florida.

I WAS SURE that VOOM would get the other RSN's together by this baseball season, but right now, it doesn't look good. There are way too many Cubs games on our RSN...PLUS, now that Bulls will most likely make the playoffs.

screw the DVR- Gimme my RSN!

In HD: ESPN2HD and HDNET
In SD: Fox Soccer Channel (formerly Fox Sports World) - without this I cannot consider leaving my cable company (Cox), dreadful as they are
PPV: English Premiership soccer at weekends - again, this is available on Cox, and on DirecTV and Dish Network.

I'm pretty happy with the current HD offerings. I would like for them to get INHD 1 and 2 but I cant complain about not having those chs because no other sat provider has them either. I have had HDNET with Directv and really never watched it as much as I watch MonstersHD or Rave or anything on VOOM for that matter. As for SD I would like the YES NETWORK for my Yankee games...NICK WEST and NOGGIN for my kids....and VOOM has already added my wifes ch's so she has no further requests.

DAtherton said:
In SD: Fox Soccer Channel (formerly Fox Sports World) - without this I cannot consider leaving my cable company (Cox), dreadful as they are

Fox Sports World is channel 323 on Voom.

Voom has everything me and my family watch. I cant wait to see what they add.

We're pretty much happy with the current programming. More HD would be better for us. Friends who have not made the switch seem focused on RSN's.

I'd say MTV2 is a big one.

And also FOX/FOXhd since the Fox station here in Kansas City has not gone to full power and anyone outside a mile or so radius cannot receive it OTA. Heck, I'd be happy with just a SD version of Fox at this point.

My wife would be more understanding of all the VOOM turmoil if she had her QVC channel we picked up with our previous service provider. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see:
-VH1 Classic
-VH1 Country
-MTV2 (I miss my Headbangers BAll :mad: )
-FitTV

I could care less about PPV. If I want to see something new I'll rent it from Netflix or buy it if it's a must have. I'm also not a wrestling fan or a boxing fan so I would have no use for it.

WPIX-NY in HD
MSG in HD
Yes Network in HD
FSN-NY in HD
Mets network ( next year when it starts up - can never plan to early, LOL!!!! :) )

I live in northeastern Pa, but live 100 miles from NYC so i am eligable for pro sports on these channels (at least per Dish Network and directTV guidelines). I get these channels and pro sports in SD now on DishNetwork (except for Yes/Yankees), but would be nice to see the mets/yanks/knicks/rangers in HD!!! :)

If VOOM would offer these channels i could drop my sub to DishNetwork and only pay for 1 Sat provider instead of two!!!

mkottman said:
My wife would be more understanding of all the VOOM turmoil if she had her QVC channel we picked up with our previous service provider. :rolleyes:

I get 2 shopping channels OTA, S@H NBC and QVC :down What waste on valuable bandwith :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)