Have VOOM pay for installations/service prior to April 8th

Just to let you guys know i have talk to the company in my area and they have all been paid for there voom jobs by Installs Inc. I am hope your was just a oversite on someone part and glad they straighting it out.

t

Well that's good to know. I am sure no one in this forum would like to see any of you get screwed out of your money. That's good and keep us posted.

With some of the threads in this forum with the terrible install work and no show no calls done by some of the Installs Inc employees, maybe a few of you deserve to get screwed, just like you have been screwing the voom subs, payback is a B!tch, aint it!!!! LOL!!!! :) :p

richard_rd said:
With some of the threads in this forum with the terrible install work and no show no calls done by some of the Installs Inc employees, maybe a few of you deserve to get screwed, just like you have been screwing the voom subs, payback is a B!tch, aint it!!!! LOL!!!! :) :p

Yeah maybe some did deserve not to get paid but he must have not been one of the them cause if you read the whole theard he update and will have his money tomarrow . :haha :haha :haha :haha :clap :clap :clap

t

Richard,

Just for your info and I have no idea who you are BUT ... I have been a Voom installer since Voom was not even a publicly offered item. I did the Beta tests and voiced all of my concerns about the Voom product to Voom straight from the beginning. At one point during this wonderful ride called Voom, myself and my installers were doing 100+ Voom jobs per week. HMMMMMM ... maybe I might have been doing my job and showing up as scheduled as well as having a neat, professional installation completed for our customers. The only "Bitch" I had was the fact that I stayed with this dying program all the way to the bitter end only to feel like I was getting screwed out of money that I had earned by following some of these "employees", that I will agree with you did some very crappy installtions. Not tooting my own horn, but there were many, many days when Installs, Inc. called me to have US pick up someone elses job that was missed or not installed properly. So just maybe, before we all through accusations and say that someone should or should not get paid for something, we should know what we are talking about!

Status of pay is a very touchy subject. We have payed our installers however, no pay to our company as of YET. I do give benifit of doubt with the mass confussion, however some sort of notice from them would ease some of our minds.

i was told today that are money would be release tomarrow. For the Install Inc installers

t

Well considering the terrible job the Guy from installs Direct did here for Installs inc I hope they at least dont get paid for it. When you cant even get one item marked as passed on a QC check there is something wrong. Thats not to say installers that did good jobs don't need & deserve to be paid, just that some of them don't considering the "job" they did.

WARNING: If you live in Denver and are doing a sat install via Inc I would definitly ask installs inc who thier sending and specifically demand they do not send Installs Direct(think they do DTV & Dish calles). I know for a fact from the QC person who inspected my job that he also inspected 12 other jobs by these same ppl before me during the same week and out of 12 inspects 10 completly failed. Protect your house from these ppl as they dont even bother grounding the system like their supposed to.

satellitedude2000 said:
The only "Bitch" I had was the fact that I stayed with this dying program all the way to the bitter end only to feel like I was getting screwed out of money that I had earned by following some of these "employees", that I will agree with you did some very crappy installtions. Not tooting my own horn, but there were many, many days when Installs, Inc. called me to have US pick up someone elses job that was missed or not installed properly.

I did not single you out, I don't know you or your work either. But you also reinforced my point with your responce. There are alot of install INC installlers that screwed Voom and their subs over, that was the point i was making, not you personally!!

I hope you get your money, I know what it feels like to get screwed over, the last startup company I worked for went bankrupt and i ended up eating $12,000 dollars in Expence reports that i had charged on my personal American Express card.

satellitedude2000 said:
Richard,

Just for your info and I have no idea who you are BUT ... I have been a Voom installer since Voom was not even a publicly offered item. I did the Beta tests and voiced all of my concerns about the Voom product to Voom straight from the beginning. At one point during this wonderful ride called Voom, myself and my installers were doing 100+ Voom jobs per week. HMMMMMM ... maybe I might have been doing my job and showing up as scheduled as well as having a neat, professional installation completed for our customers. The only "Bitch" I had was the fact that I stayed with this dying program all the way to the bitter end only to feel like I was getting screwed out of money that I had earned by following some of these "employees", that I will agree with you did some very crappy installtions. Not tooting my own horn, but there were many, many days when Installs, Inc. called me to have US pick up someone elses job that was missed or not installed properly. So just maybe, before we all through accusations and say that someone should or should not get paid for something, we should know what we are talking about!
satellitedude2000
I agree that there are good installers out there, and I'm proud to know a couple of them, but what richard rd referred to seems to be the majority...sad as that is. :no

I doubt that any legitimate VoOmers (who had problems or didn't) would feel that legitmate installers, who did their best, should be unpaid.

I hope that won't be the case for you or any of the people who went out and did their jobs to the best of their ability, without trying to line their own pockets by doing a poor job in order to try to generate a service call or a chance to do a de-install and make more money with a referral fee if they were successful in switching the de-install to another company.

mudpup2003...I know I've questioned you, but from your postings after that questioning, I've come to believe you are probably legit...if you got some free publicity, so what? If it was as legit as you claim, GOOD FOR YOU, you probably earned it!

I hope that by tomorrow, I'll be able to see responses that satellitedude2000 AND mudpup2003 have reason to breathe easier regarding payment.

I've long divided the blame about installs between Installs, Inc. and VoOm. I still believe the responsibility rested evenly on the shoulders of both, but I'll closely follow how this story resolves, and will attack whatever resonsible party with the same fervor I've defended them previously. Vicki

To all concerned, yes we did finally get paid this morning. Thank you Installs, Inc.!! In any event I understand everyones position in regard to not paying techs for lousy jobs as I too have been out to jobs that were done by other techs and that were done incorrectly and substandard and I'm sure that Installs, Inc. has a way of handling payment of those jobs or non payment of those jobs? I just hope that no others have any delays in receiving payment for jobs completed and there will be no problems with payments next week. I've been bitten before when a company goes out of business (Big Sky) and it tends to be difficult for those of us out there trying to make a living and also those that are employees for the companies that suddenly go out of business. In any event good luck to all of you!

Glad you got paid.

Heres something to remember that VOOM itself was never it's own seperate company the bills have always been paid by Cablevision, since things are being handled by Cablevision and Cablevision is not claiming bankruptcy people being owed money by VOOM will get paid.

SatelliteGuys is owed payment for 2 months advertising and I have no worries about not receiving payment. :)

Yea Scott, BUT Voom was owned by Rainbow DBS and is going to be written off as Discontinued operations and goodwill. They may even cap the losses