VOOM-21 to have long life!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
BFG said:
Threads about getting the V* channels on dish and question about dish programming, services, and equipment should be in the E* forum, but this is a story mainly about the Voom operations, and not really about E* service

Voom is EchoVoom now. E* will have it for 15 years. It's all about E* now.

Jamey K said:
Voom is EchoVoom now. E* will have it for 15 years. It's all about E* now.

You say that like its a BAD thing.......

Ha Ha! DirecTV can keep its sports dominance. For movie geeks like me, it's making me feel like I backed the right horse staying with E*. My mother in law who is babysitting my kid today was mesmerized when I showed her an EquatorHD program about France this morning. She travels a lot and she marvelled that it was looking through a window it was so clear on my 57" widescreen TV.

Charlie you STILL are good for a thunderclap positive surprise every now and then.

But don't let it go to your head.... I'm still waiting for a stable HD PVR and a potentially messy Mpeg4 conversion is looming on the horizon. The doom and gloom about E* has dispersed for the moment but we still need HD LILs for some of the major markets, Universal HD, Cinemax HD, and Starz HD. Keep the hits coming now that you are on a roll and try to erase that market share erosion with HD instead of LILs for markets ranked lower than 150 in subscribers.

Jamey K said:
Dish is mentioned as much as Voom in this forum anymore. Why hide? Be proud of your new E* service. Voom should be a sub-forum in the E* main forum.

JMO.
"JMO" notwithstanding, I find myself curious as to why this seems to be a matter of importance to you. I understand what you're saying and see your point, but I guess I just don't see why it bothers you. I come here to talk about and read about Voom, even though technically I'm a E* sub. Satellite specific forum, E* sub-forum -- what's the difference? They could call it "Sean Mota's Voomalicious EchoGod Chat-A-Thon Forum" for all I care. As long as Voom is still being discussed it's all good in my book. I'll be fine with whatever decision the SatGuy staff members come to on this. And seeing how this thread was started by Scott, here, that's good enough for me.

TheTimm said:
"JMO" notwithstanding, I find myself curious as to why this seems to be a matter of importance to you. I understand what you're saying and see your point, but I guess I just don't see why it bothers you. I come here to talk about and read about Voom, even though technically I'm a E* sub. Satellite specific forum, E* sub-forum -- what's the difference? They could call it "Sean Mota's Voomalicious EchoGod Chat-A-Thon Forum" for all I care. As long as Voom is still being discussed it's all good in my book. I'll be fine with whatever decision the SatGuy staff members come to on this. And seeing how this thread was started by Scott, here, that's good enough for me.

Easy big fella. It's not that big of a deal...just a thought. A suggestion from within. Why does it bother you that it might bother me? I shant mention it again.

Actually, I'm more concerned about a story I just saw on on MSNBC about flying snakes. If snakes are going to fly, I really don't care who owns Voom. It's more about who going to peak my dish with snakes flying around.

Let's discuss that. :)

Jamey K said:
Actually, I'm more concerned about a story I just saw on on MSNBC about flying snakes. If snakes are going to fly, I really don't care who owns Voom. It's more about who going to peak my dish with snakes flying around.

Jamey K...I don't even want to THINK about that one!! Yechhh!!! Are you serious?? That's scary!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes

Knowing your past history here, I know you didn't intend any malice, but I'm with Timm, in that I don't care so much what it's called, I just think VoOm discussions will be ongoing for quite a while as we all work through things and adapt to various incarnations of VoOm, with or without other providers (or in my case, lack of same.) :( :eek:

As far as being proud of my new service...I'm not...I don't have one. I still have cable hooked up, but will dump it as soon as I get my lazy rear in gear to perfect my OTA reception. I doubt I would be too welcome on the Dish forum, considering I'm not prepared to join that club. My VoOm dish still flys proudly, and will continue to do so until or unless I think I see a worthy successor. I hope this forum does too. :D Vicki :)

Jamey K said:
Easy big fella. It's not that big of a deal...just a thought. A suggestion from within. Why does it bother you that it might bother me? I shant mention it again.

Whoops! Sorry, Jamey -- I didn't mean for my post to come across as hostile at all, or that I was particularly bothered by your botheredness ("botheredness"? :confused: ). Really. I welcome all "suggestions from within". Well, most anyway -- you'd be amazed at some of the things people have suggested I do. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I really must take to the streets screaming with panic -- I just heard something about FLYING SNAKES!!!.....

Vicki said:
My VoOm dish still flys proudly, and will continue to do so until or unless I think I see a worthy successor. I hope this forum does too. :D Vicki :)

I haven't taken my down either. I'm going to leave it on my roof forever as my own statement...that I VOOMED. Someday when my grandkids come over, they'll point it at say "Grand Dad..you VOOMED?"

"Yes" I'll say. "Your grandmother and I VOOMED. As much as possible. Whenever we could. Sometimes we VOOMED all night. Sometimes alone. But oh yeah....we VOOMED like it was going out of style".

TheTimm said:
botheredness ("botheredness"? :confused: ...

Oh I like that botheredness. It's like aluminum...it sounds like it could go on forever.

No harm no foul here Timm. Life is long....

The Jamey

Snakes Ladders and Dishes

Hey my OTA went out. I went outside to check my antenna and there is a snake on it. I tried to remove it but it insisted on staring into space trying to find the missing VOOM channels. I cannot possibly watch anymore PBS HD. Enough culture already I'm dying to watch fish on MOOV.
There's no fish on Dish

inkpump said:
Enough culture already I'm dying to watch fish on MOOV.
There's no fish on Dish

Yes there is!!!! Just tune to their HiDef demo channel (Ch 9443, You need a 61.5 Sat dish to get it, but you need that dish to get the voom channels anyway) they show it most nights. My kitty rates it at 4 mousies, vs the 5 mousies rating she gave the TANK series on VOOM MOOV!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)