I Can't Tune my local channel after V7.33 (Please post here)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Please do not post anything else in this thread. As we try to leave this thread to track this problem. Anything unrelated will be deleted or edited. Thank you for your cooperation.

If after you received software version 7.33 you lost the signal to you local channels that are within (or outside) your DMA, please post here the following information.

1 - Channel RF Number and Name of Channel.
2 - Your Location
3 - Did you look to see if the OTA channel is hidden
4 - Did you do a soft reboot and still don't get the signal.
5 - Post your OTA signal strength
6 - Describe in as much detail as possible the problem

Symptons: I used to tune to the OTA channel before. Now the channel is in the Program Guide (PG) but when I tune to it, it displays "no message signal".

Possible Solution: Some people that reported this problem have been able to get the channel back after waiting for some hours. The real time is not known yet. This is not a problem happening to everyone but only to a few. We would like to track it and have the VOOM engineers look at this thread.

IMPORTANT! It looks like WGN in Chicago AREA is having problems with their signal. Please check this post by htvtecho who also gets WGN but on Samsung DirecTv receiver and he posted that he is not getting WGN either.

19-wgn 53-wxft 59-wgbo in Chicago channels are not hidden soft and hard reboots and rescan signal strenghts are 96-99.
About 5:00 pm Wed I lost WGN, did the reboots and rescan and just get no signal message. The RF for WGN still reads a 99 but cannot tune into channel. Have 3 receivers all the same. On one receiver lost channel 2 but the rescan got it back.

Sean,

In a previous post on the other thread I mentioned missing OTA channels. I was dead wrong. When I got home and checked their RF strength-- it was not there. There is enough strength to get the guide, but not enough for the picture. I am in Fort Lauderdale, and receiving all the channels I should be receiving. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem Robert. Blizz, it seems like WGN is having problems check the link on my first post. Another member who uses a Samsung DirecTv cannot get any signal either.

I've got this from Voom Engineers regarding WGN.

I spoke to Craig Beardsley - System Engineer at WGN.

Their PSIP generator "crashed hard" yesterday and they are working on getting everything back on line. They needed to change PIDs and Program Service #s with the new software - this seems to have caused reception problems with various types of receivers, not just VOOM. I am now trying to get the proper engineering discussion to happen so we can figure out who needs to do what.

So, seems the upgrade to 733 was just coincidental, consistent with my understanding that there are zero OTA changes between 726 and 733.

All OTA channels, 3-WTKR,10-WAVY,13-WVEC,15-WHRO,27-WGNT,33-WTVZ, 43-WVBT, etc. Virginia Beach/Tidewater, Virginia area.

What is strange is that both boxes in my house have 7.33, but one is working just fine. The other one in my living room is the one with no locals...

As usual VOOM CS is a pain in the @$$ to get in touch with, have gotten tired of waiting on the phone so far...

Sean.......as I posted on the other thread yestserday.....I got WGN back yesterday afternoon and it so far looks solid. So looks like things are all back. I think the thing that irked me the most regarding all of this is the fact that the VOOM CSR tried fixing the issue by telling me that WGN is not digital, I can't get WGN, and despite my last 10months of experience watching it....I apparently never could get WGN. Not exactly a resourceful or helpful attitude. At any rate.....it appears, with me at least, that all is back and running...including the CA010 error disappearing. Thank you much for your support here at SatelliteGuys. VOOM should be sending you all paychecks for being the real tech support and CSRs!

Vooming in Palo Cedro, CA

We have Voom in Palo Cedro Ca just outside of Redding. We were getting ABC RF 7 since our install in November. We had been waiting for an antenna upgrade to get the rest of the channels when ABC stopped responding. That was just this past weekend. Anyway our installer came out and tried the next best antenna and was getting 79 - 82% reception on RF 7(ABC), RF 24 (NBC), and RF 30 (FOX). The problem is that none of these lock in at 80%. RF 18 (PBS) is at 97% and locks in but until they get NFL Playoff games or "Lost" that doesn't really help us. 7,9, and 30 show up in the Voom menu but only 9 gets a signal. OUr installer said he had never seen the parsed data at the bottom of the Off-Air Antenna screen and maybe we have a bad box. He is bringing out another upgraded Winegard antenna on Wed. to see if that helps. I think this all started happening after the software upgrade. Our version now says 2.4. The parsed data reads as follows

Parsed PSIP Data
1TBD1 2TBD2 3TBD3
4TBD4 5TBD5 6TBD6
7TBD7 8TBD8 9TBD9

Raw PSIP Data
1TBD1 2TBD2 State Variable 7TBD7
3TBD3 4TBD4 Network PID 8TBD8
5TBD5 6TBD6

I don't know if this helps but I could really use some input on this matter. My wife is ready to get rid of Voom if we can't get the locals back. Thanks in advance for your help.

1. 46-4 WTVP HD
2. Peoria, IL
3. Yes...it's not hidden
4. Yes, hard and soft reboot, still nothing
5. 99
6. This is the HD PBS channel. Have had it since I have had Voom. I still get both of the other digital channels of PBS, 46-1 and 47-1 but can't get 46-4 HD. I know they are broadcasting since I can pick it up on my antenna 2 using an old hoop antenna.
7. Called CSR and they didn't know that people were losing their OTA signals.

Anything else you can think of to do on my end. I've rescanned several times and it shows up but no signal message when I go it.

Thanks,
Rick

Sean Mota said:
1 - Channel RF Number and Name of Channel.
2 - Your Location
3 - Did you look to see if the OTA channel is hidden
4 - Did you do a soft reboot and still don't get the signal.
5 - Post your OTA signal strength
6 - Describe in as much detail as possible the problem
1 - RF 32, WAWS-DT 30.1 FOX - and - RF 19, WTEV-DT 47.1 CBS
2 - Jacksonville, FL
3 - Yes
4 - Yes
5 - 0 and 0 (I think they used to be in the mid 90s, like they still are for the rest of my locals)
6 - Got the channels fine until today. All other locals come in fine. Software version says 2.40.

Edit 1/19/05: Did another soft reboot and they came back.

I am having the same exact problem...my neighbor has cable and the 30 and 47 HD are still on the cable

Took the diplexer off of the back of the stb and ran a cable from the UHF side to my antenna 2 on the back of my set and the HD station is alive and well.
Still nothing when I try and go through the stb. And a few of the stations aren't getting any info either which makes it had to tape.

Also 11-1 WXIA-D1 and 11-2 WXIA-SD NBC From Atlanta Disappear every night at 11:30pm when Leno is coming on and don't return until 10:00am the next day . This is becoming very frustrating . Plus I lost CBS RF 46 completely since the new software download.

Lost all of my OTA channels after this upgrade.
I'm in NYC (staten island) and I had ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS. Now I don't have anything.
Nothing is hidden, and OTA antenna strength is at 0 on all RF's. I waited for a week thinking it could be because of the weather, but doesn't seem to be so.
My signal was always around 40-60.
:confused:

Are you still getting satellite channels? Did you check to see if the antenna move out of position? It needs to be pointing to the Empire State Building.

I still get all of the channels without any problems.

Antenna position hasn't changed, that thing is bolted with a death-grip.
I have that cheep-o OTA antenna that was provided by Voom.
(unless something got frozen inside the antenna? but everything was fine prior to 7.33)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)