I am losing my job...

Just want to say thanks to all the voom employees out there for making the best tv to watch period. Good luck with your job searches and dont forget to check out http://www.jimdolansucks.com to release a little steam. Hopefully chuck can put a sock in the mouth of that fat lady!! Its a dam shame, considering the subs have doubled just in the last few months.

The sad thing is that sometime in the future we will have HDTV as it appeared on VOOM. But that may be 5-10 years down the road. And you guys at VOOM were the true pioneers. I know there is little pride in going the way of Betamax (a superior format and technology) and almost the way APPLE went but thank you very much.

I too want to offer my thanks for the Voom employees for working on what really was the best deal in HD. Best of luck in your next positions!

Shawn

Sean Mota said:
Tyork,

I really appreciated all your help here. You were there to help customers and answer questions when you did not have to. Thank you for your dedication as well.

Sean,

In my case, TYork went way beyond just answering a few questions. I credit her with helping to turn a nightmare installation into an effort to "do it right no matter what"! Thanks again 't'!

I also wish the best to all the VoOm employees out there going through this moment of uncertainty. :no

ericpd said:
Sean,

In my case, TYork went way beyond just answering a few questions. I credit her with helping to turn a nightmare installation into an effort to "do it right no matter what"! Thanks again 't'!

I also wish the best to all the VoOm employees out there going through this moment of uncertainty. :no

You are welcome eric,

t

out of the blue...

So I am (was) a manager (OTL) in the inbound sales department. Honestly it caught me by suprise since we hadn't heard anything about the project shutting down in almost a month. Luckily I guess I don't work directly for VOOM but rather for West Business Services and we have other clients.

I wonder if I know Cableready, heh. I met several client representatives in my time and they all cared a great deal about the project, the quality of calls we produced and of course "conversion". I feel bad I would have liked to have gotten it up to the 20 percent you guys wanted, but I guess ending in the mid teens is where we're going to have to call it :(

As a side note I can confirm what Cableready said... I went in to work and the doors to the branch were locked and the lights were out, zero warning. It's a sad day for me the time that I spent working for VOOM was great, the project was interesting and it was inbound which is always a bonus. Well monday I find out what project I will be going to and whether or not I will retain my OTL status (Operation Team Leader, big title that means floor manager, heh).

So heres wishing all the people I signed up good luck, and hopefully something better (or at least as good) will be just around the corner.

VOOM "no longer" Home of the HD Evolution...
Edit/Delete Message

SIncere thanks and good luck to all of you. While I have not been a VOOM sub for very long, I was hooked from day one. The service, the people, it was all a great experience.

Jim Dolan is too stupid to see beyond next quarter. Heck, he probably believes he got his job based on talent rather than his name.

Charlie (No Compelling HD content) also is a major s*it head. Had he agreed to lease back some space on the new sat this might have had another ending. Not sure where I will go now but it will not be to E* or D*.

A poor business plan combined with consumer ignorance. I know a half dozen people who think because they have an LCD screen or a EDTV plasma that they are indeed watching HDTV.

To those losing their jobs my sympathy. I have been there. Keep the faith. It all works out in the end.

VOOM EMPLOYEES -- Thank you for fighting the good fight for a cutting edge service. You brought us a piece of the future and made TV worthwhile, at least for awhile. You couldn't help that the bigwigs expected a revolutionary service to be profitable in less than 2 years. We Voom customers appreciate all you did!

I am going to miss Voom so much that I cannot even select another service worth getting.

I feel very sorry for all the voom employees,installers,people who just signed up after seeing chuck was fighting for us.I wish all luck on finding new jobs i know its tuff looking for a new job i hate it myself.I think charles should be hung for being a @$#@head to his own father.I know see that greed has showed its ugly face again and in return its affected 50k+subs and many employees in a bad way.I think if i were a cvc custumber i would drop them and get a sat service so charley feels the wrath of being broke like he just made all the voom employees.Good luck everyone not sure where im going next im addicted to hd and hate sd now so my cable is not an option i wonder what is next best choice?Anyone have a clue e* or d*

I want to send my heart felt condolence to all VOOM employees and subs. What you guys did was a revolutionary effort. I'm a D* sub, that almost switched to VOOM. I wanted to get the best from my HD set but had a commitment to D* and wanted to wait to see how things developed. I hate to see anyone loose their job or something they love. Its a shame that the guys in the trenches do their utmost best and then the bigwigs screw it up. Been there done that. I'm not advocating that you switch to D* or any thing like that. You guys will make the best choice that works best for you. Honestly, I really wanted to see VOOM work but, s**t happens. Good luck to all. Remember, "What goes around comes around", and I hope in the future this comes back to bite the bigwigs in the as*.--RayMo

To the VOOM employees I wish the best of luck in your futures. When a major change happens in your life, it hopefully works out for the better in the near future. Although your company may have had it's issues, I know most of you did what you could and only said what you were told. I only had VOOM for a few weeks but other issues led me to cancel. I do agree that VOOM programming was the future and hopefully it will live on in one way or another, but the powers that be made poor choices and unfortunately led to their own self destruction. Good luck to you and your families.

Just also wishing you guys and gals at Voom the best of luck in the future. It sucks that it happened this way.

Voom people have truly been the best. Left a decade of D and I joined in Nov.2003. I live in L.A. and there were problems. I had to use Lyngsat to help the my very first installer point the dish. But through it all I've benefited from taking part in this great adventure. The CSR's, the techs and everyone who made Voom fly on a daily basis deserves a big standing "O". Bravo to you all. You are a very talented group of people so I'm confident your future will be a bright one.

The Millers in Northridge CA thank you all.

As bad as I feel, it's worse for some fellow employees who had been working for Cablevision/Rainbow for *years.* Some of them moved from other positions, or were asked to help get Voom started. It's almost like they're being penalized for their loyalty.

But if it's one thing I've learned, it's that unfortunately, loyalty often doesn't mean jack. No matter where you work, or who you work for.

And it was really bittersweet to finally see the Harmonic encoders totally up and running, with the switch virtually finished and the signals better than ever, *ON* April 7th. There was a lot of work put into adding all the new channels, and ironing out the kinks. Which makes this all that much more confusing, and infuriating. It's like building a brand new house and sending in a wrecking ball the day it was completed.

I mean, who else is offering a Spanish ESPN?

Cableready, nobody blames you for being bitter. I am bitter too and I never even worked there. At least you guys had the foresight to know a cutting edge workplace when you saw it, and you jumped on it. It could have been the career move of a lifetime. This one didn't work out. But if you saw a good thing once, you can do it again. Give yourself some credit here. Be glad you aren't one of the clueless slobs who work on outdated stuff and don't know which end is up.

You Voom guys did a great job!

Cableready... I think those that were asked to come to VOOM to work, at least those at the higher levels, will be *found* positions within either Rainbow, or back at CVC corporate. I think folks at some other levels are also looking to go back to positions they left, or were re-allocated from...

I agree it's been a VERY hard situation for the VOOM employees, and for some Rainbow employees who were never technically paid by "Voom" but whose work product was predominantly allocated TO Voom. Those folks have been living in a weird limbo for over a year and a half, really. Is VOOM spinning, isn't it spinning, what form is it or isn't it spinning in? It's been a really odd working situation... I sympathize.

I wish you the best of luck in however you move forward. Maybe you can find something else in Cablevision, or probably better, somewhere that isn't quite as topsy turvy...

While I have ranted a bit about CV I want the employee's of Voom to know I do/did appreciate your efforts. Anger at CV in no way refects the job Voom CSR's did for us and it was appreciated. Hopefully CV will find a way to keep as many employee's as possible even if serving in a different capacity. Again, as much as the passing of Voom will be a heartbreaking moment for me the thought of ppl being out of work is more serious then my loss of a cpl channels if truly honest with myself. I hope for only the best for you guys.

Don't beat yourselves up too much for being upset over losing channels, cuz if we still had our channels, they'd still have their jobs. It's all one and the same.

PS: I'd be pissed if I drove all the way into work and it was all locked up with a note on the door. Sheesh.

All kidding and whatnot aside (see my other posts), others on this thread have said it better than I could but I would like to throw in my 2 pesos,

THANK YOU to all the (former) VOOM Employees (cableready et. al) for your service, while I have had my gripes about the service from time to time I can honestly say that you Sat service has been the best TV service I have ever had. (and I've had alot). You all worked hard and its sucks that you got the boot in such an ignominious manner. while alot of folks thanked Chuck for getting the ball rolling, you all kept it in play. I wish you success and good fortune on the road ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)