I am losing my job...

Threv said:
All kidding and whatnot aside (see my other posts), others on this thread have said it better than I could but I would like to throw in my 2 pesos,

THANK YOU to all the (former) VOOM Employees (cableready et. al) for your service, while I have had my gripes about the service from time to time I can honestly say that you Sat service has been the best TV service I have ever had. (and I've had alot). You all worked hard and its sucks that you got the boot in such an ignominious manner. while alot of folks thanked Chuck for getting the ball rolling, you all kept it in play. I wish you success and good fortune on the road ahead.
I'd like to ride on Threv's coattails here, as I'm catching up and have only read a few of the many comments to you, but Threv reflects my thoughts quite well.

I'm sure someone else also has said it better than I could, but we appreciate all the effort and dedication you guys and gals have put forth. :yes My personal hope is that there is still a miracle waiting to happen sometime in the not too distant future, and that perhaps then Charles Dolan will gather up the talented and loyal people who helped him to help us all see what is possible...and do it all again...with a happier ending!! :D THANK YOU ALL!! I wish you brighter tomorrows... :love :clap :love :clap :love :bow :clap :love :bow :clap :love :bow:clap :love :bow :clap :love :bow

My thoughts and prayers are with all the Voom employees. I wish you all the best in your future. I never had Voom but I followed it closely and I am sad to see such a great idea come to a close. Best wishes to you all.

Plz
A Company That Spent $700 Million To Make $20 Million Last Year -- I Would Have Been Looking For Another "visionary" Company To Work For Long Ago.

ancalagonlt81 said:
A Company That Spent $700 Million To Make $20 Million Last Year -- I Would Have Been Looking For Another "visionary" Company To Work For Long Ago.
Lost, not spent, $661 million to collect, not make, $14 million.

Assuming revenue went against operational loss, they "spent" $675 million to "collect" $14 million in revenue. (But that doesn't take into account that nearly half of the reported 'operational loss' was in the form of charges added in the 4th quarter. 2004 wasn't terrific, but it was better in life than on paper.)

JL

people lose thier job everyday..........others are out there, just look and good luck, it's not the end of the world.
there was HD before voom and there will be HD after voom

To all Voom employees:

Thank you for doing a splendid job!

I have had Voom since April 2004 and have been completely satisfied with both the product and the Customer Service. Yes, like many others I have had a couple of issues here and there, but whenever I called the 800 number, I was always greeted with professionalism and sincerity in wanting to help resolve the situation.

Thank you again and the best of luck in your job search.

Joe

Jobs

I am a "Lead CSA" in a call center for West Business Services in Spokane, Wa. I have been on the Voom program since all the way back in last October, and there is a certain kind of satisfaction in --what with the churn rate in call centers-- knowing as much about VOOM and the Convergsys ICOMs software as probably any 25 people alive on this earth. My call center is soon to put into training for a different program --probably involving inbound sales for home mortgages-- but I just wanted to post onto this forum after a (literal) year or more of lurking.

Thank you for your support.

Some points of hard-gleaned knowledge I bitten my tongue on for more than a year:

1.) If you really do make $1000 a day, then for jesus' sake pay a neighbor kid 20 bucks to housesit for you the day a tech for a cable company is supposed to come. By my math, you're ahead at least 950$.

2.) Making an unwed 19-yo single mother who makes minimum wage cry may make you feel better about yourself, but it won't make your tech be there any sooner.

3.) As someone who's taken "supe calls" on this program for a year or more, I can tell you that I have (virtually) the same level of system access in terms of credits as the CSA you started speaking with. All you got yourself by makinga "supe call" was the chance to start completely over and spend another 10 minutes explaining your problem to someone else who really doesn't care.

The most tragic thing of all--It was getting better. As one who was there from the get-go, and can take the longview--The issues with the Dman sh!tty Receiver 550 locking up if you looked at it wrong 18 months ago--resolved. The issues we had at the call center, West BS, nee Dakotah Direct taking a month or more to get to an escalation form--resolved. Auditing the San Antontio sales dept. so that cx's weren't charged 2000$ to rent the eq by accidnet--resolved.

We were even moving away from Installls Inc.--which was the biggest obstacle we faced--In Florida, Houston, Dallas, and Chicago. Another year--time for the ppl who bought an HDTV and were told by the high school kid at Best Buy "you need a DTV box to get anything" to live through their contracts, another year, and I think we could have turned the corner. Not that it matters.

If you're thinking of starting a stellite TV company, take my advice on these two issues:

1.) Time is worth more than gold, thesadays, and ppl really, really want their techs to show up when you say they will.

2.) Ppl really, really want their American Idol and CSI. Whether you have an antenna-based strategy that gives the highest-quality Hd to the greatest number of cx's is academic--there will be some ppl who really, really want therir Simon Cowl.

It's been a very interesting 20 months. I'm sad to see it end. If you have any questions about your home mortgage, email your lender, and I may chat with you. Peace out.

Not to get off topic, but WestBS is absolutly right. Locals have always been Satellite's killer app. Once LIL was offered to viewers the subscriptions for E* and D* really took off.

"Good, sound, strategic marketing can take mediocre products and makes them category leaders. Imagine what it could have done to a truly outstanding product/service like Voom."
Well said. The above statement is so true. Voom's HD programming is remarkable...a truly outstanding product. Apparently the board's decision is a product of "instant gratification". Wisdom and perseverance were substituted with fear and short-sightedness! ONE DAY, however, these programs will win the day; and those who worked so hard on these shows will be able to smile finally, at how well received our programs will have become.
I have been fortunate indeed, to work with everyone at VOOM HD and would most certainly welcome what someone else hoped for today: VOOM II: the Revenge of HD. No thing, and No one (including Jimmy Dolan) will stop the inevitable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=^| =^0 =^) Thank you Chuck Dolan!!!, you are a true visionary. I am proud to be part of your team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts