Don't Give Up! Stay with VOOM!

GreatMac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Stay with VOOM! If you don't have it, get your new installation!

It is really stupid to jump ship now. You have nothing to loose if you stay, or if you go through with a planned installation. You can only gain the enjoyment of Voom's superior programming and picture quality. If the worst happens, then you can always get another (inferior) provider.

In the meantime, stick with it. It can only enhance Voom's chance of survival. All this doom and gloom based on speculation is actually a bit stupid.

So, enjoy Voom and spread the word about it's great programming and PQ!

speculation?? lol...

Come'on man. The first year they made no revenue

The've lost over $100 million dollars and never got more than 50,000 subs....

Well, yeah. It is only speculation. Loosing money to date may, or may not mean that Voom will die. At this point, those who talk don't know, and those who know, don't talk. And this goes for the WSJ and the analysts as well.

Whatever will, be will be. But the signal is still on and the we are still enjoying it. Are you gaining something by cutting off service now, or by not going through with an installation?

Sit tight, enjoy what you have and see how things shake out.

GreatMac said:
Whatever will, be will be. But the signal is still on and the we are still enjoying it. Are you gaining something by cutting off service now, or by not going through with an installation?

Sit tight, enjoy what you have and see how things shake out.

Well put and there is always time to change. Listen we may only be less than 30K but the others still want subs. They have not paid of their debt either.

If you decide to leave VOOM or not is up to you. It could be 9 months to a year before they go off, IF they go off. While nothing has been announced what will happen to subscribers in the future, something can happen between now and then.

The big question is will something happen?

This story is just starting and from where I sit its going to be a while before we write the final chapter for VOOM.

Well put also Scott. But it would be nice if VOOM came out with some statement.

gutter said:
But it would be nice if VOOM came out with some statement.
And I am sure they will. Just give them time to write those statements...;)
Events are unfolding too quickly!

Yeah please understand I'm not a voom basher trying to destroy there service. I think what they did was a great Idea and that many people enjoyed the service. I was just speaking on behalf of business. A lot of great products come along but not all of them make it....

Bryan,
No one expected VOOM to bring profit within the first couple of years. In any business there are short-term interest and long-term interests. It just seems that 8 out of 14 board members view short-term interests as more important and/or don't believe in long-term success of VOOM, while the other 6 members do. That's all.

Ilya said:
Bryan,
No one expected VOOM to bring profit within the first couple of years. In any business there are short-term interest and long-term interests....

Yep. And very few know what is currently being negotiated. Different investors, different views.

So, again, the doom and gloom statements are neither necessarily accurate from a business perspective, nor productive. Enjoy the benefits of your small investment in Voom (the great programming and the picture) and let the dust settle. The sun may still be shining:) If not, THEN we can decide on the second best alternative.

Cheers.

I love my VOOM

Staying to the end which I really don't think is coming. VOOM will survive! :)

Yup, Sounds good. I'm apologize if my posts did not contribute to this thread, sorry :(

Indy said:
I love my VOOM

Staying to the end which I really don't think is coming. VOOM will survive! :)

I have to ask, why do you think Voom will survive? I had Voom installed just 3 days ago, and I absolutely love it! I had read all the horror stories and expected the worst but the install (Installs Inc) went great and I even got all of my locals! But it really looks like the end of Voom to me...you guys who are still optimistic must know something not reported yet?

I'll stay with VOOM to the end. Nobody else offers that much of HD content... and probably a loooong way from doing so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)