Voom will stay on pass May 1st!

salsadancer7 said:
I will be here....TRUGGY0...on a side note....with a VERY nervous laugh....that pic is disturbing as hell......I have this hidden fear of clowns.....THAT pic just cured it and will give me OTHER nightmares.....LOL

Yea that is scary. I think he used to date my sister a while back. Looks real familiar! :D

I look better after a 12 pack, my wife says...lolol
Ok, I will sit back and enjoy what I can watch now and wait till tomorrow...You guys are great, I am so lucky to have found this forum, thanks for all the great info and advice.....Cant wait till tomorrow.......

salsadancer7 said:
I will be here....TRUGGY0...on a side note....with a VERY nervous laugh....that pic is disturbing as hell......I have this hidden fear of clowns.....THAT pic just cured it and will give me OTHER nightmares.....LOL
Isn't that avitar just James Dolan?????

james_dolan_small.jpg

Which one is scarier?

JL

justalurker said:
Isn't that avitar just James Dolan?????

james_dolan_small.jpg

Which one is scarier?

JL
OMG! Which one? Hmmm... Lois, ever notice that we never see Clark and Superman together?

Which service do you guys want to get the Voom21?? Tell me and I will subscribe to the other one. Whichever service I choose will make the opposite service into the one I wanted.

wase4711 said:
Pardon me for asking this, but didn't most folks on this board complain about MOST of the stuff on the VOOM 21 Originals and how totally lame they were?
(remember the uproar over the Three Stooges on Mars, TANK, and so forth???)

And now suddenly, with the prospect of them going away for ever, everyone seems to be clamoring for them to re-appear somewhere else....

I don't get it..

I never complained about the content on VOOM21. I was one of the few that actually wanted TANK HD to be a 24/7 channel. There was some channels I didn't particularly care for, but that is just personal preferences and not everyone likes the same things.

wase4711 said:
Pardon me for asking this, but didn't most folks on this board complain about MOST of the stuff on the VOOM 21 Originals and how totally lame they were?
No. Not "most folks on this board". Some folks, sure. But some will complain about anything and everything. Others made suggestions on how the voOm21 could be better -- which is quite different than just calling them lame and moving on. As with just about everything, those who are complaining seem to make more noise than those who are satisfied.
I've been guilty myself of complaining about the original channels. Sure I hate the EuroLeague announcers, but where else am I gonna see these games? Sure I bitched about mOov's lack of programming info early on, but then they changed it. And I've whined about the lack of new shows on RAVE, but...okay I guess I still bitch about that one. And IMO HDNews is totally lame. But I'd really like some other provider to pick up these channels, because after tomorrow I'll have nothing except OTA. And until someone gets enough HD channels to make it a good value, that's the way I'll be staying. Voom spoiled me.

wase4711 said:
(remember the uproar over the Three Stooges on Mars, TANK, and so forth???)

And now suddenly, with the prospect of them going away for ever, everyone seems to be clamoring for them to re-appear somewhere else....

I don't get it..
No. Not "most folks on this board". Some folks, sure. But some will complain about anything and everything. Others made suggestions on how the voOm21 could be better -- which is quite different than just calling them lame and moving on. As with just about everything, those who are complaining seem to make more noise than those who are satisfied.
I've been guilty myself of complaining about the original channels. Sure I hate the EuroLeague announcers, but where else am I gonna see these games? Sure I bitched about mOov's lack of programming info early on, but then they changed it. And I've whined about the lack of new shows on RAVE, but...okay I guess I still bitch about that one. And IMO HDNews is totally lame. But I'd really like some other provider to pick up these channels, because after tomorrow I'll have nothing except OTA. And until someone gets enough HD channels to make it a good value, that's the way I'll be staying. Voom spoiled me.

"... Besides that, this chick who stated this information is a newbie and this is her first post. I hope it's not some troll who is putting us at the butt of a big complete joke." [/QUOTE]

I do not post anything just for the fun of posting. For I don't like to be called names.

Your posting was a guess. My posting was based on factual events, as demonstrated with the recent news developments.

My concern was and somewhat still is, that a deal would not come through, and, because of my dad being potentially unemployed, I could not go back to college in the fall.

You just worry about having the tv on... What a country!

Babygirl

My apologies.......

With all the information we had at the time on this forum, it looked as if there was little hope for any of the Voom programming to survive. I'm sorry if you thought that I labeled you as troll on the forum. I know that there are people operating within these forums who would like to raise our hopes through lies only to tell us that it was a lie and laughing their butt off. My regrets to your father as well as your family for losing his job. It's sad that Voom just got rid of its people after all their dedication and hardwork to the satellite service. It's basically like saying "Thanks for your help, here's your final paycheck, and there's the door." I'm also sorry that you will lose your funding for college this fall semester. I know that in this day and time that a person can not get beyond a minimum wage job without any kind of degree. Good luck to you and your family. God bless.

Regards,
Jonathan

BabyGirl said:
"... Besides that, this chick who stated this information is a newbie and this is her first post. I hope it's not some troll who is putting us at the butt of a big complete joke."

I do not post anything just for the fun of posting. For I don't like to be called names.

Your posting was a guess. My posting was based on factual events, as demonstrated with the recent news developments.
Your post was misleading. Voom CONTENT is continuing beyond 5-1-05 @ 3:01am, but Voom is not continuing beyond that moment. And we've known for weeks that Voom content was going to continue - we just didn't know where (and neither did you).

And read again, he didn't call you a name. If you are volunteering for the label that is fine. He hoped you were not a troll, not said that you were.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)