Local Channel Outage at primetime !

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
On Wednesday November 19th at approximately 8 pm,we lost all of our local Channels,and the screen said "Do Not Call Dish we are working on Problem" it also said you can view all non locals .
This sounds to me like a planned outage,. Couldnt dish wait until after primetime,I lost the ability to watch 2 of my shows last night,One of which is "Pushing Daisys" which is is desparate need of an audience,(On the Brink of Cancellation)The reason I am mad about this is the DVR was set to record these 2 shows I wanted to see,and the auctuall outage was only about 15 minutes,although DVR showed the entire program recorded ,about 5 minutes into program a pop up states 'program was lost">DVR did not record once signal came back,it just cancelled recordings.
Also on another note my recording keeps cutting out before shows are over,anyone know how to fix that.And does it have to be fixed each time or can you set a timer to extend all recordings.For example I like to record all CBS shows on Monday nights Except "How I meet your Mother).Is there anyway of recording straight thru instead of having each show get cut off(I will even record HIMYM,and just Fast Forward)Tired of losing parts of my Recordings.

I did try to go to ABC.com and view this episode but unfortunately I keep getting " Video Unavailable at this time" ,But I will keep trying.

When I have got that message in the past at ABC.com it was because I had an ad blocker enabled, when I disabled it, the video came right up.

On Wednesday November 19th at approximately 8 pm,we lost all of our local Channels,and the screen said "Do Not Call Dish we are working on Problem" it also said you can view all non locals .
This sounds to me like a planned outage,. Couldnt dish wait until after primetime,I lost the ability to watch 2 of my shows last night,One of which is "Pushing Daisys" which is is desparate need of an audience,(On the Brink of Cancellation)The reason I am mad about this is the DVR was set to record these 2 shows I wanted to see,and the auctuall outage was only about 15 minutes,although DVR showed the entire program recorded ,about 5 minutes into program a pop up states 'program was lost">DVR did not record once signal came back,it just cancelled recordings.
Also on another note my recording keeps cutting out before shows are over,anyone know how to fix that.And does it have to be fixed each time or can you set a timer to extend all recordings.For example I like to record all CBS shows on Monday nights Except "How I meet your Mother).Is there anyway of recording straight thru instead of having each show get cut off(I will even record HIMYM,and just Fast Forward)Tired of losing parts of my Recordings.

LOL! stuff happens. what technology is 100% perfect 100% of the time?

i suppose you want a refund???

You can set all of your timers to extend. For example all of my regular timers start 1 min early and end 3 mins late. Usually no problems getting cut off.
What you can do for monday night is go to menu, then schedule, then timers, then manual, then you can set it up for every monday on cbs from 6:58pm til 10:05pm.

I have been getting that same message a lot for the past few weeks. It happens at random times and several times it has happened on one of TV1 or TV2 but not the other, so I know there isn't really an outage of the local channels. And, I don't believe they are "working on it." I have also found that you can sometimes get the channel you were watching back by going to the guide and then going back to live tv. I also noticed, but it could be a coincidence, that this seems to happen more often when I am recording a show.

This drives my wife crazy. She asked about getting rid of Dish and going back to cable but I reminded her how crappy our little local cable service was.

I've seen that message before when there really isn't any issue with the channels themselves...usually a check switch fixes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts