Local Channels - 2 Cities Possible?

IronManCC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Cape Cod, MA, USA
Does anyone know if it's possible to get "Local Channels" from 2 different cities at the same time? I presently get mine from Boston, MA; but a few months ago Dish added the Providence, RI (...also referred to as New Bedford, MA) Locals, adding a few more stations to the possibilities. I'm roughly the same distance from both cities.

There are some small areas authorized to get locals from two markets, but I don't think you're one of them. Dish can't give you 2 DMA's locals unless authorized.

OTA antenna is your best bet.
Dish is barred by court order from ever giving anyone any locals from outside his own DMA. So not even significantly viewed can help. The only exceptions are counties where the DMA changed after service started. Franklin Co., Pa I think is one of the very few places where one can get Washington, DC and Harrisburg PA locals IF they were subscribed at the time of the change AND they have made no changes to their receivers.

Attachments

• boston.gif
    boston.gif
    41 KB · Views: 219
  • Providence.gif
    Providence.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 210
Does anyone know if it's possible to get "Local Channels" from 2 different cities at the same time? I presently get mine from Boston, MA; but a few months ago Dish added the Providence, RI (...also referred to as New Bedford, MA) Locals, adding a few more stations to the possibilities. I'm roughly the same distance from both cities.

In NH you get Boston locals and NH locals

If you take a look at the maps on my previous post, you will see that the New Hampshire TV stations all fall into the Boston DMA. However, there is only one duplicate network, that is ABC. The rest are PBS or indies.

New Hampshire is one of only two states in the country that does not have its own TV market.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)