Local Channels Antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swassill

Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
I don't get the local channels because I'm in one of the areas where Direct TV doesn't offer them - at all. I was told I could get them (for free-like I didn't already know this) by adding an antenna. The problem is that I don't know what kind to get. The local stations are south west of my home within a 50-100 mile range (probably closer to 50 miles). A major city is about 75 miles to the east of me. What are the best options (brand name and type) other than the free standing tower? This has to be something 52 year old woman can install.

Channel Master 4228 with CM7777 preamp is a decent combo. You may opt for some sort of extension pole to make it higher...or keep it at roof level...depending on the area and signal.

I don't get the local channels because I'm in one of the areas where Direct TV doesn't offer them - at all. I was told I could get them (for free-like I didn't already know this) by adding an antenna. The problem is that I don't know what kind to get. The local stations are south west of my home within a 50-100 mile range (probably closer to 50 miles). A major city is about 75 miles to the east of me. What are the best options (brand name and type) other than the free standing tower? This has to be something 52 year old woman can install.
Go to AntennaWeb and put in your zipcode it will help you chose equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)