Local channels disappeared

sahovis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
About 10 days ago I lost 2 of my local channels. I'm still getting very high signal strengths for both of them when I check the signal meter(always above 95 for both), but when i do a channel scan it wont pick them up. i've been watching both these channels with no problems since i first got voom(about 9 months). I called voom, they had no answers. I called the local channel engineers and they said they started sending PSIP data on the very days that I lost those channels. So i called Voom back four times and the four csr's that i talked to had no idea what PSIP meant and even talked to their "supervisors" and they had no idea what PSIP meant. The fifth time i called i finally got someone who knew what PSIP meant and she told me there is nothing they could do about recieving local channels. Is this true? I've been watching these channels for nine months with no problems and now all of a sudden i can't? I've also been reading other PSIP problems in this forum and i'm confused. I thought that the Voom stb could only pick up channels that sent PSIP, these two channels up untill recently DID NOT send PSIP and i recieved them, and now that they DO send PSIP data i can't receive them.

Assuming you've done all the usual such as soft and hard rebooting then I'd post your problem over on the VOOM/Yahoo forum where Cablevision's VP of engineering, Wilt, will read and followup. We had a similar problem with our local PBS stations which VOOM eventually resolved.

Or maybe, Scott, Sean or Ilya will see this and give you some experienced input.

Still enjoying HDTV under too much sun in Seattle, Gill

sahovis said:
About 10 days ago I lost 2 of my local channels. .
Where are you located? Same thing happened to me in Erie, PA. I was told that both channels were off the air and would come back on Wednesday. didn't happen. I have a regular tuner as well and that is not getting the channels either so I know they are off-air for whatever. Just wondered if you were in Erie Like I. I you are, that is the reason.

I'm in Gainesville, FL. The channels in question are WOGX and WGFL. WOGX engineer told me that they just started transmitting PSIP and WGFL engineer told me that they changed their PSIP. Have no idea what any of this means

Oh, by the way everybody, I LOVE Voom!! I didn't mean for my very first posts to be negative. I just hoped somebody out there can help and thankyou to everyone with your suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts