Local Channels From Another Market

Status
Please reply by conversation.

megavortex

Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
MI
I have a vacation home that I just used to sign up with a new Direct TV account. I am however, actually using the dish at my home. My reason for doing this was to pick up the local channels from my vacation home.

I installed a 3 LNB satellite and got my HD DVR activated, but my local channels are not showing up. I understand that I actually need a new Slimline 5 LNB satellite in order to pull in the local channels, is this correct? And if so, where can I buy one?

Also, will I actually be able to pull in the local channels or will it not work? I am attempting to use the dish in Saint Joseph, MI & the locals will be coming out of Cadillac and Traverse City, MI. I really hope that it will, because I'm already locked into this contract!! lol

I installed a 3 LNB satellite and got my HD DVR activated, but my local channels are not showing up. I understand that I actually need a new Slimline 5 LNB satellite in order to pull in the local channels, is this correct? And if so, where can I buy one?

I think I see the problem.

You should have installed a 3 LNB satellite dish or a 5 LNB satellite dish, not a 3 LNB or 5 LNB satellite.

You can buy the dishes from dealers on EBAY.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)