Local channels glitchy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AMDFX

Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
I recently reinstated my d* for the locals, unfortunately I don't qualify for the HD networks. Problem is, my regular local channels all have a glitch which happens about every 3 sec. As if it has a hard time decoding the channel. All other channels including the HD are fine. Suggestions are appreciated. Thx

I wonder if there is an airport close to the receive point where D* picks up your locals, or one in the path from a local antenna farm to the pickup. The radar could be getting in.

What location are you in?

AMDFX said:
I recently reinstated my d* for the locals, unfortunately I don't qualify for the HD networks. Problem is, my regular local channels all have a glitch which happens about every 3 sec. As if it has a hard time decoding the channel. All other channels including the HD are fine. Suggestions are appreciated. Thx
I see something similiar on my South Bend locals. About every 2 seconds, there's what looks like a 'flash' in the picture, especially noticable in dark scenes. Running it in slow motion on my Directv, I can see that the picture is breaking up into small blocks. I see the same thing momentarily in a 'fade to black' between scenes. My signal level is in the high 90's on that transponder.

Signal strength is in the 90s for all sat's. I have a Toshiba HD receiver

Call and talk to a real D* and local affiliate tech (not a CSR) and ask them about the signal method use to deliver their signals and signal quality from them to D*.

I am unaware of any filters needed. I don't recall any filters being boxed with the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Want to install tivo on single lmb dish

Is any other installer having trouble activating h-10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)