Local channels in ATL out?

lovswr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I live in the greater Metropolitan Atlanta Area. About 15 minutes ago 8300 to 8306 (locak channels 2, 5, 9, 11 etc) just went out. Actually we had Entertainment Tonight on as background "noise" while eating dinner. The 301 (I have 4 total with a dishqead 500 setup) was tuned to 8300 (local channel 2) & it just froze with no sound. I turned it off & back on & I get the guide info at the top & just a black screen. I did a switch check & it passed. I then noticed that using the channel up button would put me on the DishWeather channel (9500) of I was on any of the local statiions (note all other stations, like Comedy Central, Fox, Cnn, Hbo etc worked). I further noticed that manually tuning to say HBO (300) & then using the channel up went straigt back to DishWeather. I hit the guide button & all seemed ok except that the picture on any channel never came in. Power off & removed the card (I did not unplug the 301 as the rats nest behind my a/v rack was more trouble than I was willing to go to). Ok put the card back in & turned on the 301. The channel up/down button now work on the non local channels. Local channels still showing guide & no picture. This is true of the other 301's as well.

So is this a bad switch locally to me or are there other ATLiens having trouble too?

110* down for me in Marietta

Same thing here, I tried all the unplug/reset/smartcard removal tricks and any channel on 110 is solid black on all receivers.

Anything from 119 comes in and the check switch and signal strength indicators were all successful for both locations.

I've been on hold a while to the sales and tech support lines with no signs of life at Dish...

blangley said:
Same thing here, I tried all the unplug/reset/smartcard removal tricks and any channel on 110 is solid black on all receivers.

Anything from 119 comes in and the check switch and signal strength indicators were all successful for both locations.

I've been on hold a while to the sales and tech support lines with no signs of life at Dish...

Ok, just as I feared. I was about to call Dish myself, but I figured that enterprising individuals, such as yourself :), would beat me to it!