Local Channels in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pluckdogg

Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
hi guys,
i just added an hd sat. receiver and all the hd works fine. we do have local channels, 380-388 but of course those ones are sd. the hd ones i don't get them. so am i supposed to get those or is Direct tv going to charge extra for the hd locals? keep in mind that i would like to keep the sd locals for downstairs as the hd is upstairs. thanks.

380-388? Aren't those those weird "national" locals that you don't get unless you get those super packages? Or aren't those the channels for the older receivers?

To find out what you do get for local HD stations, go here:

DIRECTV - Local Channels

hi guys,
i just added an hd sat. receiver and all the hd works fine. we do have local channels, 380-388 but of course those ones are sd. the hd ones i don't get them. so am i supposed to get those or is Direct tv going to charge extra for the hd locals? keep in mind that i would like to keep the sd locals for downstairs as the hd is upstairs. thanks.

Local channels are not avaible everywhere, they do not charge extra for hd locals

those channels are local east and west out of NY and LA. they are not a part of a program package; we pay 2.99/mo. for each of them. i checked the availability of local channels on the above link and it said that they don't offer them in our area. the receiver downstairs is very old but i get those same locals on the hd receiver, but i don't get the high def. ones as i've said before. so is there a way to get the broadcast channels in HD without paying extra?

those channels are local east and west out of NY and LA. they are not a part of a program package; we pay 2.99/mo. for each of them. i checked the availability of local channels on the above link and it said that they don't offer them in our area. the receiver downstairs is very old but i get those same locals on the hd receiver, but i don't get the high def. ones as i've said before. so is there a way to get the broadcast channels in HD without paying extra?
You can possibly get one set of the HD distants (east or west, not both) but you will lose the SD versions. They were $1.50 each best I remember

ok i just talked to a rep and she said she couldnt add anything since they're not supposed to in our area. i told her that we already have some (the ones in SD) and she didn't know why we had them. i do remember a long time ago, they wouldnt give them to us but eventually they did so i guess it just depends on the agent you're talking to. oh well i guess i'm stuck with SD locals but fortunate to even have them. we live in rural SE ohio so an antenna is hardly an option.

ok i just talked to a rep and she said she couldnt add anything since they're not supposed to in our area. i told her that we already have some (the ones in SD) and she didn't know why we had them. i do remember a long time ago, they wouldnt give them to us but eventually they did so i guess it just depends on the agent you're talking to. oh well i guess i'm stuck with SD locals but fortunate to even have them. we live in rural SE ohio so an antenna is hardly an option.
It all depends on who you talk to. I would try again. Tell them that you would like to swap for the HD versions, and that you just found out that they had them. Sometimes they will do it, sometimes they wont

It all depends on who you talk to. I would try again. Tell them that you would like to swap for the HD versions, and that you just found out that they had them. Sometimes they will do it, sometimes they wont

ok if i swap them to hd would i then lose the sd versions because i want those to be viewable on the downstairs tv.

ok if i swap them to hd would i then lose the sd versions because i want those to be viewable on the downstairs tv.
Ahh thats right, you want to keep the SD for that dont you?

Yes you would lose them, they wont let you have both, however they may cut you a deal on upgrading the older receivers so that you could have the HD and output it to the SD tvs

I receive the standard definition NY / LA network feeds on channels 380 thru 389 and the HD NY feeds in the 80s. I also receive my local DC HD channels. I have been a Directv customer since the Directv/USSB days and am grandfathered in. They show up on my bill as Network XXX from NYC/LA Monthly for $2.99 for each network. The HD portion is billed as Network XXX HD monthly for $0.00. When Shevra went into effect I lost the west coast HD feeds and the PBS national feed. I receive the CW feed on channel 385 also.

I receive the standard definition NY / LA network feeds on channels 380 thru 389 and the HD NY feeds in the 80s. I also receive my local DC HD channels. I have been a Directv customer since the Directv/USSB days and am grandfathered in. They show up on my bill as Network XXX from NYC/LA Monthly for $2.99 for each network. The HD portion is billed as Network XXX HD monthly for $0.00. When Shevra went into effect I lost the west coast HD feeds and the PBS national feed. I receive the CW feed on channel 385 also.
Hmm must be a grandfathered thing, I am pretty sure he cant do it like that now, although he can get CW in sd if he wants, i forgot that one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts