Local Channels Lost During Storm?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Twice since I moved to NW Arkansas a month ago I lost my locals during a bad storm. I know all about rain fade, but I still can't get my locals an hour+ after the satellite channels are back on. I get the following error message.

"Local Channels Interrupted - 536
We are aware of this and are working with out programming provider to resolve it. There is no need to call us unless this remains on screen for more than 2 hours."

I suspect this may be an uplink issue. I may need to get an outdoor antenna, but I am way in the woods, so one may not work.

I forgot to mention that when this does this my brother has the issue also and he lives 20 miles away.
Interesting. Some thunderstorms are enormous, so maybe a local thunderstorm might account for both.
I suspect this may be an uplink issue.
I agree that is most likely. It could also be the same software on both receivers getting stuck on the 536 error and failing to clear the condition even after the channels are back.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts