Local Channels Messed Up

ComcastOgre

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Saint Marys, Ohio
Hey guys. I just recently took the plunge with Voom, and I have all of my locals coming in great. Unfortunately, I think the Voom receiver thinks my HDTV big screen is wide screen when it is NOT. So I get a square picture when I watch my locals a lot. Sometimes it doesn't seem to happen. Anybody know what the problem is or what I can do to fix it?

It depends on what your local station is transmitting. There is a way to get rid of the top and bottom bar, but I don't remember how that is done. The left and right bar is actually being transmitted by the station and I don't think there is away to get rid of it.

Try pressing the red button on the receiver (under a little door) until all red lights flash. This will change the aspect ratio of each station depending on what it is transmitting.

DBSOgre said:
Hey guys. I just recently took the plunge with Voom, and I have all of my locals coming in great. Unfortunately, I think the Voom receiver thinks my HDTV big screen is wide screen when it is NOT. So I get a square picture when I watch my locals a lot. Sometimes it doesn't seem to happen. Anybody know what the problem is or what I can do to fix it?

In the system settings there is a menu that will eliminate that could change the letterbox. I think it is under picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)