Local channels Off Air

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
I noticed last night that according to the Dish EPG all my local channels were "Off Air" somewhere between 11:35pm tonight until 2:30am. This was either via satellite or OTA listings. I just checked & they still are. Times vary slightly depending on the channel. The sub-channels seem OK. The Zap2it listings are OK.

Thanks for the update.

I guess I missed hearing about the migration. I just did a forum search for "migration" & did not come up with anything. I'm just curious about it & can you please provide a link to the proper thread? Thanks in advance.

I noticed this in the guide last nite starting around 11:35 local time, (I'm in the Houston area), the locals (except channel 20) were showing "off air" for a 2 hour block. Of course I was curious so I clicked on channel 13 (yeah, it's like I need to see if the paint was really wet!), I got an error message that said something like "this is a private showing and not available in your area", there was a box in the pop up that said something like "purchase for .01", I was tempted but I didn't try it. I had seen a post that the locals were migrating on the Sat guys site so I figgered that was the deal. Not sure why this would happen in my dma, I see 110, 119 & 129, unless some in this market still use a wing dish?

Now if you're in Cedar Rapids, you got a problem, because they are having an endless non-negotiation over KCRG Ch. 9 (Cedar Rapids TV, also own the Cedar Rapids Gazette) which has been off the air for a month or more. Much mutual finger-pointing, but little actual progress. I'm going back to OTA if this keeps up. Any idea how long these things go on for?

I noticed this in the guide last nite starting around 11:35 local time, (I'm in the Houston area), the locals (except channel 20) were showing "off air" for a 2 hour block. Of course I was curious so I clicked on channel 13 (yeah, it's like I need to see if the paint was really wet!), I got an error message that said something like "this is a private showing and not available in your area", there was a box in the pop up that said something like "purchase for .01", I was tempted but I didn't try it. I had seen a post that the locals were migrating on the Sat guys site so I figgered that was the deal. Not sure why this would happen in my dma, I see 110, 119 & 129, unless some in this market still use a wing dish?

Houston was part of the transition last night.

Thanks for the update.

I guess I missed hearing about the migration. I just did a forum search for "migration" & did not come up with anything. I'm just curious about it & can you please provide a link to the proper thread? Thanks in advance.

best advice is check the uplink thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/256-DISH-Uplink-Reports

and here is the one pertinent to your location
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/302851-1-17-2013-10-34am-Uplink-Activity-Report-405-changes

Keep in mind that the actual period you may be without the channel is often far LESS than the total period labeled as "Off Air" on your guide. They are just covering themselves, so programming may resume during the "Off Air" period.

Now, the Turbo Code download some years ago was something of a biggy as EVERYONE with a ViP lost all programming access until the download was complete and loaded, the ONLY way the could perform that upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)