Local channels on 61.5

tinyhockey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
johnson city
Hi,

How are you all doing today, I would like some help here, I have Dish Network and I can only get 61.5 where I live in Tennessee.

I have had dish network for 10 mos now and when we did sign up I was told by the dish network tech guy and he was not a sub contracter, that in my area some time in Jan or Feb 2010 where would be locals on the 61.5

and also of today still nothing

I would like some help here what to do, I have tryed call dish and get no where with this and they have no clue about it

Please help me out

Hi,

How are you all doing today, I would like some help here, I have Dish Network and I can only get 61.5 where I live in Tennessee.

I have had dish network for 10 mos now and when we did sign up I was told by the dish network tech guy and he was not a sub contracter, that in my area some time in Jan or Feb 2010 where would be locals on the 61.5

and also of today still nothing

I would like some help here what to do, I have tryed call dish and get no where with this and they have no clue about it

Please help me out
Hi Tiny and welcome to Satellite Guys. As of this date, your channels are on the 129 satellite. I assume you mean hd. I cannot find any of your channels, either hd or sd on the 61.5 satellite. When you say you can only get 61.5, do you mean you have trees or something blocking the path to 129?

Hi Tiny and welcome to Satellite Guys. As of this date, your channels are on the 129 satellite. I assume you mean hd. I cannot find any of your channels, either hd or sd on the 61.5 satellite. When you say you can only get 61.5, do you mean you have trees or something blocking the path to 129?

what I was told by the dish tech guy is I have 1000.4 and 61.5

and I can not get local channels like cbs,abc,nbc,fox in my area

I can only get 61.5 where I live

and I was told by dish people that around Jan or Feb 2010 we would get local channel on 61.5 and still nothing no HD or SD

I need help to get locals or I am going to drop dish and go back to Cable

If your locals weren't added to 61.5 when they first fired up the beams on the purchased E12 satellite from cablevision then they aren't going to be there for a while. It's running full the way they have it configured.

I would not see your area changing for several years if at all.

Tiny, go to dishpointer.com at the top of this page. Type in info as requested (address)and then ask for the 129.0 west ciel 2 satellite. It will give you a picture of the direction your dish will have to be pointed for 129. If you have a clear shot, I believe the 129 dish can just be connected to your 1000.4.

I found a thread here which you will not like. :( Bottom line: Tri-cities HD locals are on what Dish calls the Western Arc. Western arc markets receive satellites in the 110/119/129 west logitude locations. The trouble with that is 129 reception is "iffy" in your area. That is probably why you have an Eastern Arc dish which receives satellites at 61.5/72/77 west logitude.

Last edited:
If your locals weren't added to 61.5 when they first fired up the beams on the purchased E12 satellite from cablevision then they aren't going to be there for a while. It's running full the way they have it configured.

I would not see your area changing for several years if at all.

I never got dish fr cablevision. I got my dish set up from dish only

my area where i live the 61.5 is the only area in all of the USA that does not get locals on the 61.5

I found a thread here which you will not like. :( Bottom line: Tri-cities HD locals are on what Dish calls the Western Arc. Western arc markets receive satellites in the 110/119/129 west logitude locations. The trouble with that is 129 reception is "iffy" in your area. That is probably why you have an Eastern Arc dish which receives satellites at 61.5/72/77 west logitude.

yes and i was told that the eastern arc 61.5 would be up in jan or feb of 2010 and they still have no clue when it is going to happen.

The tri-cities is the only area that can not get locals in the whole usa on this

I am looking at droping dish becasue of all this and go back to cable tv

yes and i was told that the eastern arc 61.5 would be up in jan or feb of 2010 and they still have no clue when it is going to happen.

I am looking at droping dish becasue of all this and go back to cable tv
This is whats on the 61.5

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

What do you keep saying this?

"The tri-cities is the only area that can not get locals in the whole usa on this"
Lots of Locals aren't on the 61.5

I wonder why Dish doesn't mirror those locals on the 77 satellite. They have lots of room there and Tiny already has the dish for it. Bet he is not the only customer in this situation.

that is what i was told by the dish tech person
Well, that was an absurd exaggeration since most locals in the US are served from the Western Arc. Probably what the tech was trying to say was that most cities in the east are Eastern Arc cities and get their HD locals off one of the Eastern Arc satellites. There are a few exceptions, such as your area. This is the whole truth, which may seem usless, but when armed with the whole truth, sometimes you can talk sense into people who otherwise spew self-serving nonsense just to get you off their back.
so there is nothing I can do to get locals where i live on the 61.5
You can't do anything but complain to Dish about this. They will be getting a new satellite at 61.5 late this year, but who knows what the long-term plans are? They could mirror your locals on one of the Eastern Arc satellites now, or later, or never. Your best bet is to use the link on the previous page and see where 129 is at your location. See if you can find a hole through the trees for 129, which could take the form of a pole mount on the edge of your property. This so-called wing dish can be plugged into your existing 1000.4 and give you all channels from 4 satellite locations.

This is what I got off the Dish Website.
Using Johnson City Tennesse

defaultBanner.jpg

Tri Cities, TN-VA 37601
Mon Apr 12 2010 14:31:07 Mountain Daylight Time

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE
Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:

Tri Cities, TN-VA Local Network Package

Please note: Channels denoted by "HD" are in high definition. Those without this notation are only available
in standard definition.

If you do not see HD local channels currently available in your area, you may still be able to receive them via a high
definition off-air antenna.
Local channels currently available in this package:

Locals Package - $5.99 per month*

HD

This is what I got off the Dish Website.
Using Johnson City Tennesse

defaultBanner.jpg

Tri Cities, TN-VA 37601
Mon Apr 12 2010 14:31:07 Mountain Daylight Time

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE
Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:

Tri Cities, TN-VA Local Network Package

Please note: Channels denoted by "HD" are in high definition. Those without this notation are only available
in standard definition.

If you do not see HD local channels currently available in your area, you may still be able to receive them via a high
definition off-air antenna.
Local channels currently available in this package:

Locals Package - $5.99 per month*

HD

we I do not get these local channels where I live in the tri-cities(johnson city)

I am on eastern arc 1000.4 and 61.5

I live in a APT

we I do not get these local channels where I live in the tri-cities(johnson city)

I am on eastern arc 1000.4 and 61.5

I live in a APT
Someone Must get them in 37601 Area code.
Living in an apartment, would make no difference what so ever.
And Eastern Arc is the 61.5,72.7 and 77.
So Not sure what the " I'm on 1000.4 and 61.5"is supposted to mean?

Someone Must get them in 37601 Area code.
Living in an apartment, would make no difference what so ever.
And Eastern Arc is the 61.5,72.7 and 77.
So Not sure what the " I'm on 1000.4 and 61.5"is supposted to mean?

I live in a APT and have 61.5 and can not get local channels

in the apt I live in you must have your dish on your front deck in a bucket

you can not move your dish where every you want here, becasue in the past people had dishes all over the apt and they did not like it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)