Local Channels On Dish Network

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i have a question about local channels on dish network, i live in ghent, wv which the Bluefield/ Beckley, WV dma. do you think that dish network will ever have the bluefield/ beckley dma.. or even directv? i like my dish network, but would just like to have the local channels.

i have a question about local channels on dish network, i live in ghent, wv which the Bluefield/ Beckley, WV dma. do you think that dish network will ever have the bluefield/ beckley dma.. or even directv? i like my dish network, but would just like to have the local channels.

I am in same situation no locals for my dma. my solution since I did have cable running by my house I installed road runner and limited basic (locals only) Locals only only cost me about 10 dollars a month. and with a Qam tuner in my HDTV I get the locals in HD

No_Brains...I noticed your detailed location. If you're at the top of Flat Top, you should be able to receive your locals off the air with a coat hanger. I'm not from your area, but I visit Pipestem frequently and when I travel to Beckley from Bluefield I know that is QUITE a hillclimb on I-77 up to Flat Top.

Obviously, I was sort of kidding about the coat hanger but I would think a good quality indoor antenna or an inexpensive outdoor antenna should fix you right up. For an outdoor antenna you may need a rotor or a good omni-directional antenna since WVVA is south of you and WOAY is totally opposite to the north. You may even pull in some Charleston and Roanoke stations. Check out this site to see what you can get with an antenna:

AntennaWeb

If that doesn't work, you can contact All American Direct Satellite and buy network stations from them, if you qualify. They can be received on your DISH network receiver. Here's their site:

https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/

Hope this helps.

Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)