local channels only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ontherock

Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
great northwet
our local installer told me we could get a local channels only package for $10 a month but the rep at dish network could not find any info. I'm about 80 miles from seattle and would do it. Did this go out with the welcome pac on feb 1?:confused:

The Welcome pack + locals for $14.99 is no longer sold to new or existing subs. If you own your receivers and you are under no commitment to DISH , you can get just locals for $5.99 and pay the $6.00 no basic programming pack fee or $11.99 a month.

dang! I called dish network(better tv) again and they still think there is no such plan. maybe I'll just keep trying until i get a rep that knows what we're talking about.

I thought the locals only package was no longer available? So are you saying that it is available like it was before, at $5.99 + $6 no basic package fee?

If you own your receivers and you are under no commitment to DISH , you can get just locals for $5.99 and pay the $6.00 no basic programming pack fee or $11.99 a month.

Actually you CAN still get the locals only pkg f/$10, which is those 2 elements combined for a reduced fee. They automatically did this awhile back for all locals-only subs. You can also still add the FREE PI's as well.
I know, because they did this for me & put this info on my bill...

I thought the locals only package was no longer available? So are you saying that it is available like it was before, at $5.99 + $6 no basic package fee?

THE Welcome pack is no longer available to new or existing subs. Any one who owns their own receivers and is not under a commitment to DISH , can get just locals by paying the no basic programming pack of $6.00 and then pay for the locals at $5.99. Whether they let you get a discount for the locals is not known ,since we had the hike of equipment fees and other changes that came after 2/1/10.

I hope you can still get locals only....saw Dish uplinked a neighboring DMA (that I cant get OTA) and maybe want to get locals only....

but have to wait if they will import the rest since its only 2 stations (CBS & FOX)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)