Local channels. zip code 31210

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rmosso1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Macon, GA
I really would like to keep DISH, but I can get HD with Direct or on rabbit ears. What are my choices? I have been a customer of Direct till 7 months ago. i will pay the penalty. I thought, and they told me the locals were HD. After spending 6K$ on TV updates, what should I do.

I am active in other forums. If this violates rules, please delete. THX.:hungry:

There's a retailer chat next week and it's likely there will be more talk about locals to be added. If you can wait that long, you may be able to make a better informed decision. Macon will be added at some point. It's just a matter of the exact date. If you absolutely have to have your locals by satellite now and are willing to pay the early termination fees, you'll need to switch. I don't know if D* will give you any deals or not since you've been a recent customer but you could call and find out. Another thing to consider (and I'm not advocating for E* just some more to think about) is that E* has some low-priced all-HD Turbo packages which D* does not have, possibly saving some bucks if you can get by with rabbit ears or an attic or outside antenna. Aren't all of your locals just SE of the city?

Laaddyboy:
Yes, I believe 3 out of 4 TV stations are SE of Macon. We live NE. I wrote to each station and they broadcast their network HD in HD. When I signed up with Dish they told me I would get HD locals. I can wait till next week. What is E*. Is there a 3rd Sat company? I read in yesterdays USA Today about troubles in lost customers at Dish, 100,000 in 4th quarter. I kept recordings of three separate meetings that said I would get HD local channels, and the reception was HD, in my home.

On the Forum:
E* = Echostar aka Dish Network
D* = DirecTV
Chuckles/Charlie = Charlie Ergen, CEO of E*
SS = signal strength
LOS or los = line of sight
bird = satellite
LiL = local into local, i.e., your local broadcast channels

Laddyboy:
Thank you. So many industries. So many acronyms! When I sold about 50 big dish systems in the late 1990's I always told my customers about the same thing. They would ask how do we pay. I said: Do you want the music channels? Most said yes, then I said, best you pay with a check to Johnny Cash!
Back to business. I will check in several times, but wait till next week. I get everything the E* has to offer. I was disappointed that I cannot get the Big Ten in Georgia and also no NFL, except the NFL station, which was a couple more lies.
So I am now going to go read some LiL info. Thank you,

Laddyboy:
Thank you. So many industries. So many acronyms! When I sold about 50 big dish systems in the late 1990's I always told my customers about the same thing. They would ask how do we pay. I said: Do you want the music channels? Most said yes, then I said, best you pay with a check to Johnny Cash!
Back to business. I will check in several times, but wait till next week. I get everything the E* has to offer. I was disappointed that I cannot get the Big Ten in Georgia and also no NFL, except the NFL station, which was a couple more lies.

I've got the Big Ten Network in Atlanta on channel 439...

Laddyboy:

Isn't it available with the all sports all RSN pack? It wouldn't be one of your basic RSNs (regional sports network) included with your package though.

I did what they told me to do, E* and if you look closely, the footprint does not get you to Macon, GA. I am a die hard Penn State fan. They promised. They lied. I called customer service two times. Please tell me if I am wrong.
Still the station guide I have to prove my point does list Big Ten as a HD channel at 439; however, the footnote is what happens, and no BIG TEN. The footnote says: "Available for Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois and section of Pennsylvanaia and Indiania."
I called and said I would pay extra. CANNOT DO. Another E* lie.

I just tried punching in 439 on remote and will not go. Tried directly and with guide. Same as before. It will not come in to GA. I think the poster above is wrong. Or, better, try it, it still should come up as other than football will appear on the Big Ten network.

Laddyboy:

direct answer to your question is no, I was told it would not come in with any sports package, two (2) times.

Yeh I don't know. I get it but I'm in the area. I thought the all sports package included all the RSNs but maybe not. Here's the E* listing for the Sports Pack:

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

I don't have it and never have so I don't know whether you get everything listed or not.

I did it twice. CLEARLY they told me, as it says in the footnote. NO CAN DO. I use 250 readers to read the footnotes.

Wanna hear the story about my order for a one time "GUIDE". Nah, too late. Again, they said they would send me a guide. They did for $4.00 something a month. Got that cancelled. I am still paying around $140.00 month. Not fair.

That footnote states the designated RSN area. Each RSN has a designated area. The designated RSNs for a subscriber's area are provided as part of a qualifying satellite package. If you don't subscribe to the Sports Multi-Pack, you'll only get your designated RSNs. Are you subscribed to the sports multi-pack?

Laddyboy:

I do not think so. The Big Ten network was one of many early problems. This has to go back to October of 2008. I called them twice. I said I would pay extra to get the Big Ten Station on 439. THEYCLEARLY TOLD me that it could not be done.

I was buying about 6 PPV movies a month. I have HD in my office, and wife views from HD in Great Room. Only one telephone line hooked to office Receiver. Thus, that is the only TV that will get the PPV movie.

Calling E* customer service is difficult to understand reps. Obviously in a foreign country.

It has been a long bad experience. I'll wait till next week on HD LiL, and then I intend to proceed accordingly.

P. S. I checked all the "GUIDES" I have with five receivers, and none refer to RSN area. All are identical in reference to viewing area as I first described above. Maybe something changed since last October, but I am not into Big Ten baseball--football only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts