Local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shaak1943

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I live in Wisconsin in area code 54601. I have a 5 LNB dish and H20 receivers. If I want to get the local channels from dirctv do I need another dish or can the 5 LNB dish do it?

I live in Wisconsin in area code 54601. I have a 5 LNB dish and H20 receivers. If I want to get the local channels from dirctv do I need another dish or can the 5 LNB dish do it?

IF D* has local HD channels available to you, it would be on the new 5 lnb set up, if ONLY the SD then it may be on the second dish (72 sat loc. poss.).

I would look at the DMA chart floating around and see if the HD locals are close to being available to you, if not, probably after the 2nd sat goes up.

Hello I live in Onalaska, 54650. You need the 2 dish setup. Unfortunately no HD on DTV. I have an OTA antenna on my roof that I built to get Local HD content. ( See DIY HDTV antenna - Lumenlab to build your own.) Fox also is not HD yet.

does this mean you cannot get any of the National channels in HD on Directv ? what if you are surrounded by bluffs? that doesn't make any sense. So if your locals are not HD you can't get HD? is this correct?

does this mean you cannot get any of the National channels in HD on Directv ? what if you are surrounded by bluffs? that doesn't make any sense. So if your locals are not HD you can't get HD? is this correct?

That was precisely my situation here in vermont. there was no way I had access to that 72 sat. Out of the 4 Network channels, I only needed 1 waiver from the only network channel in Vermont,,, got it in 3 days. I have the Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR package and the network channels were included no charge.

If you can get waivers from your local networks (D* will do the paperwork for you), you can get National Networks in HD.

Robin

Thanks all for the feedback. I should have told you that I have an OTA antenna. I can get ABC, CBS, FOX and PBS fine (all these towers are relatively close and relatively in the same direction). but can't get NBC because of the fact that La Crosse WI and Onalaska WI are in a river valley surrounded by bluffs. Compounded by the fact that there are only two NBC towers - one in Eau Claire WI about 100 miles north and one in Rochester MN about 70(?) miles west. I want to get the Sunday night NFL games without having to go to the seperate dish to get them through directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)