Local Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jresurv

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Whats the deal with local HD channels? I subscribe to both the HD package and local channels. Im in Los Angeles county and the only locals that are in HD on Dish are 2(cbs) 4 (nbc) 7 (abc) and 11 (fox)
The other locals also broadcast in HD most of the time: channel 9 (kcal) and channel 13 (kcop) and the local PBS channel for sure. Is there a reason these are not included in the local package? If so do I need an external anntenna to get them? Thanks

You do need an OTA antenna. Since you live in LA county you will have a way more stronger signal strength than what I have, although I have between 80-95 signal. That would include channel 4.2,4.4,5,5.2,7.2,7.3,9,13,28.1,28.2,28.3,28.4. Those are just a few that I watch most of the time. There are still others that may interest you, and many more. As you can see some channels have .2,.3 what that is, is a sub channel within a channel.By the way if you compare a OTA signal with dish the antenna quality still beats HD over dish because you are getting it direct from the station. Hope this is enough information.:up

Whats the deal with local HD channels? I subscribe to both the HD package and local channels. Im in Los Angeles county and the only locals that are in HD on Dish are 2(cbs) 4 (nbc) 7 (abc) and 11 (fox)
The other locals also broadcast in HD most of the time: channel 9 (kcal) and channel 13 (kcop) and the local PBS channel for sure. Is there a reason these are not included in the local package? If so do I need an external anntenna to get them? Thanks

Here Dish sends out our locals in SD. I had a ratty roof antenna from my C Band days so I hooked it up to my DVR unit. The rec. locked in a whole bunch od dig. HD chs. to my amazement. I get all the 5 major networks & CW 34. The HD pic. qual. is superb! I would never have believed this story if I didn't know it's true. It works exc. for me. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts