Local Channels

jresurv

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Whats the deal with local HD channels? I subscribe to both the HD package and local channels. Im in Los Angeles county and the only locals that are in HD on Dish are 2(cbs) 4 (nbc) 7 (abc) and 11 (fox)
The other locals also broadcast in HD most of the time: channel 9 (kcal) and channel 13 (kcop) and the local PBS channel for sure. Is there a reason these are not included in the local package? If so do I need an external anntenna to get them? Thanks

You do need an OTA antenna. Since you live in LA county you will have a way more stronger signal strength than what I have, although I have between 80-95 signal. That would include channel 4.2,4.4,5,5.2,7.2,7.3,9,13,28.1,28.2,28.3,28.4. Those are just a few that I watch most of the time. There are still others that may interest you, and many more. As you can see some channels have .2,.3 what that is, is a sub channel within a channel.By the way if you compare a OTA signal with dish the antenna quality still beats HD over dish because you are getting it direct from the station. Hope this is enough information.:up

Whats the deal with local HD channels? I subscribe to both the HD package and local channels. Im in Los Angeles county and the only locals that are in HD on Dish are 2(cbs) 4 (nbc) 7 (abc) and 11 (fox)
The other locals also broadcast in HD most of the time: channel 9 (kcal) and channel 13 (kcop) and the local PBS channel for sure. Is there a reason these are not included in the local package? If so do I need an external anntenna to get them? Thanks

Here Dish sends out our locals in SD. I had a ratty roof antenna from my C Band days so I hooked it up to my DVR unit. The rec. locked in a whole bunch od dig. HD chs. to my amazement. I get all the 5 major networks & CW 34. The HD pic. qual. is superb! I would never have believed this story if I didn't know it's true. It works exc. for me. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)