Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
One of my local channels, FOX, is owned by LIN. I get the SD feed but not HD feed as you all know. When the analog signal goes away next year, will I loose the only FOX that I currently get since the LIN is the devil and wont let D* subscribers access their digital feed?

Will we also loose PBS, CW and MyNetwork since D* doesn't have the digital feed of those channels yet either in all areas if things don't pan out by next years deadline?

I would have to say that you will not lose those stations. The switch in 2009 does nothing to the feed that Directv, Dish or cable companies receive. It only effects the OTA feeds from the stations.

But don't Sat/Cable Co's initially get their pass-through signals via OTA? Or are those feeds pumped directly via some sort of cable/fiber to their relay stations to be passed on to us, the end user?

It varies from city to city and broadcaster to broadcaster, but you will more than likely see no difference on Feb 18th except possibly a clearer picture.

In the South Bend DMA, I understand that Directv is picking up the digital channels from the locals, instead of their analog signals. I read this in the local paper when the PBS station lost their analog transmitter, and doesn't want to go to the expense of fixing it. Cable, Dish and Directv viewers weren't affected. Just the viewers with analog TVs using antennas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts