local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tandreu

Original poster
Oct 23, 2004
Will d*tv be offering local channels in HD or is the only way to get local HD is with an OTA. Current Antenna does not give me a good reception on lower chaanels 2, 4 and 5. Worried that my reception will not be good with a new OTA

Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

As of right now the only way to get your locals in HD is OTA. There are rumors that with the new satellites that Directv will be launching, first one next year, that they will start to offer locals in HD.

What would be the reason for my lower channels not coming in clear. If I get a new antenna should that do the trick. I'm looking at the Winegard HD7082P.

I would hate to spend the money if the channels don't come in clear.

If your antenna is just a UHF antenna that would explain why your lower numbered channels aren't coming in. UHF is for anything above 13.

Neutron said:
Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

As of right now the only way to get your locals in HD is OTA. There are rumors that with the new satellites that Directv will be launching, first one next year, that they will start to offer locals in HD.

I thought that D* said in a press release somewhere that they will offer the top 30 markets in HD LIL by June. I could be wrong too, it wouldn't be the first time, sure wont be the last.

OTA should be better than D*'s offering anyway, the OTA antenna will likely be worth it! If you are close enough you could even do an attic mount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)