LOCAL CHANNELS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I believe "the Woodlands" may be in the Houston area.

Dish Network delivers local stations via what is called a spot beam.

These beams from tha satellite generally cover an area with about a 100 mile radius around a central point.

If you are outside that spot, the signal strength for that spotbeam transponder is so low that it is virtually impossible to receive.

The only Woodlands I know of is near Houston,Tx and their locals are on the 110 sat on western arc and 61.5 on eastern arc. Went to many concerts at the Woodlands back in the 80s and early 90s back in college.

I understand that Mike but seriously you can put anything in the location...heck look at mine ;)

But anytime someone puts a location near either border and starts asking questions out of the norm like "what locals can I get on 129" and "where can I get a receiver other than from Dish directly" again I have a feeling the location is fibbed ;)

Iceburg, you mean to tell me that people outside the United States try to access our Satellite TV services? That's like saying that people in the Northern United States try to use family memebers accounts in Canada to access Bell View. Oh wait, they do! Heck, I would if my family in Ontario weren't such wossies.

And if that's true about the Huston locals, Huston has a crappy set up. We all know what happens with 110, 119, and 61.5 as a set up. Look at the thread about the missing HD channels.

Iceburg, you mean to tell me that people outside the United States try to access our Satellite TV services?

yep ;)

I think the point is folks ask questions about locals then either dont tell us their location or they put in a location that isnt where they are. Things like that piss alot of folks off who want to help but unless we have the right info all we're doing is running in circles. Its like trying to win at solitaire but you're missing the 4 of spades.

and upon further looking, he is south of the border

No matter what, Iceberg is right. I list Boston Area. What I mean is that I'm in that market. I could be right in the city, Closer to Worchester, near Rhode Island, or in New Hampshire. At least in my case you can rest assure that I'm in the United States.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)