Local channels ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Flattop1

Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Waterloo iowa
I have wa zip code and have moved . I'm tuned in on the Western arc with no locals. I can hit the Eastern arc with the proper 2 head lnb , I have good signal on my super buddy but it won't do the switch test or can't veiw any tv.
Do I need to call and change my zip before the Eastern arc will work .

I have wa zip code and have moved . I'm tuned in on the Western arc with no locals. I can hit the Eastern arc with the proper 2 head lnb , I have good signal on my super buddy but it won't do the switch test or can't veiw any tv.
Do I need to call and change my zip before the Eastern arc will work .
Which receiver do you have, and which software version? Is this happening on a Wally?

You can switch from WA to EA anytime you wish and back - all national channels are on both arcs.

The local channels you want to watch may or may not be on the other arc and as has been said, if you are outside the spot beam for your locals you cannot receive them unless you happen to be in one of the very few locals that are on conus.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Moved 800 miles south.
Hopper 3 not sure of software version .
I have the wa good all my channels except locals which are on ea . What iwant to do is get everything going before I call to change zip code . It seems it won't let me use ea ..

So before you moved, were you WA or EA? What type of dish setup do you have? What sats are you pointed at? Which local market are you in? I'm still confused. What do you mean it won't let you use EA? It won't let you run a checkswitch? Do you get an error message?

If you have an EA LNB and point at EA and lock in the signal, run a checkswitch and then call and update the zipcode and have the DISH agent change your locals based on where you physically are and that should be it.

You need to change the lnb to an EA lnb and repoint the dish to 61.5 and 72.7.

Then you will be able to receive locals from your new location when you change your service location with dish.

Yes I was wa.. that works here.
When I ran switch check I did not get an error message.
It did not show 61.5 or 72.
So the real question is ; should I be able to get the national channels on the Eastern arc without contacting dish.
Provided I've got the right equpment and aimed properly ?

Yes, your receiver box doesn't care where you get signal from. The channels in your package are broadcast on both WA and EA. As long as you have signal from either/or, then your channels should come in.

When you ran a checkswitch while pointed at EA, what happened? What satellite orbitals showed up? If you're hooked up and pointed at EA and ran a checkswitch but it didn't show 61.5 or 72, then I'm assuming you saw 77 or you saw an error message?

The more details you can provide about what you did and what exactly you see, the easier it is for us to help you fix whatever problem you have. I'm still confused....

I’m glad you resolved it, one point I would have made(not knowing about which receivers you have) is that SD equipment will not work on EA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)