Local dish number

nightowl66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
N.W. Ohio
I had a new dish installed for my shop last December. The guys gave me new stickers for my remotes for a local number. I tried calling it today and it is no longer good. They were out of NW Ohio. My dish is still on a temp stand and wire is still above ground. They said I would be contacted within a week after install to get it permanently installed. I wanted to give them a call and see what is going on. I would like to talk to someone local who is going to do it. I had originally called the 800 number for initial setup.
Should I just call the dish 800 number? Thanks for any help.

So you called the 1-800 Dish number and they sent a tech out to put it in, then he gave you a local retailer's number to call in order to finish up his job? Sounds pretty bush leaugue if you ask me. If you wanted a local installer why not call one in the first place?

So you called the 1-800 Dish number and they sent a tech out to put it in, then he gave you a local retailer's number to call in order to finish up his job? Sounds pretty bush leaugue if you ask me. If you wanted a local installer why not call one in the first place?

I called dish 800 number to get dish installed. They sent out a dish installer in my area to install the dish. The dish installer gave me the number of the local company he works for that does installs for dish. He said to call that number since it would go to them locally instead of calling the 800 number and talking to someone thousands of miles away. They were supposed to come back and do permanent installation of dish, which they have not done yet. When I tried to call them, the number is no longer good.

I called dish 800 number to get dish installed. They sent out a dish installer in my area to install the dish. The dish installer gave me the number of the local company he works for that does installs for dish. He said to call that number since it would go to them locally instead of calling the 800 number and talking to someone thousands of miles away. They were supposed to come back and do permanent installation of dish, which they have not done yet. When I tried to call them, the number is no longer good.

Hmmm. Makes sense now other than why the number doesn't work. Have you done an online search for Dish installation in your area?

Nope, completely normal, at least around here. Dish uses a company called "Digital Dish" (main location is in Millersburg OH but they have regional locations around Ohio) to do ALL work around here. I'll bet it's the same company as the OP dealt with. They installed my original Dish system over 7 years ago.

Here's their website: http://www.safe7.com/. It says they cover the entire state of Ohio. They list 1-866-942-4320 as a "sales" number. I just texted my wife and asked her to send me the number on our remotes (just upgraded in December).

There's another reason this company does this too -- they want to handle "problems" directly without getting Dish involved, when possible.

Last edited:
Nope, completely normal, at least around here. Dish uses a company called "Digital Dish" (main location is in Millersburg OH but they have regional locations around Ohio) to do ALL work around here. I'll bet it's the same company as the OP dealt with. They installed my original Dish system over 7 years ago.

Here's their website: http://www.safe7.com/. It says they cover the entire state of Ohio. They list 1-866-942-4320 as a "sales" number. I just texted my wife and asked her to send me the number on our remotes (just upgraded in December).

There's another reason this company does this too -- they want to handle "problems" directly without getting Dish involved, when possible.

I just got off the phone with Digital Dish. They are getting everything setup for the permanent install. Thanks for the help!

Digital Dish is the only company I know that puts their number on the back of remote controls like that in Ohio.

And, apparently for good reason. They don't wanna get dinged by Dish, which they apparently do at every possible opportunity, no matter how small, according to many retailers, contractors, and installers that post here. I'm surprised all contractors don't do this. Even my Dish-employed installers gave me their cards, so I would call him for any issues, instead of Dish.

Yeap, I've seen plenty of stories here and I don't blame the installers or the companies one bit. Receiver fails 19 days after installed, it's the installer's fault.... Customer moves their TV and doesn't know how to re-connect stuff, it's the installer's fault....

Yeap, I've seen plenty of stories here and I don't blame the installers or the companies one bit. Receiver fails 19 days after installed, it's the installer's fault.... Customer moves their TV and doesn't know how to re-connect stuff, it's the installer's fault....

Taken in the context of this thread, that's ludicrous. The installer temped the OP in and never returned to finish the job, 3 months later.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts