Hooking joey's wireless with dish wifi bb connector...

twodose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Is there any benefit to adding wireless or wired broadband to your joey's if they are already hooked up via coax?

Is there a guide on how to do this? I'm not sure what to search for in the forums. I have a Joey in a room I don't use and would like to move it to another room where there is no coax available. I'm savvy enough to figure it out once pointed in the right direction. thanks ( i'm aware this method isn't technically supported by dish)

Is there a guide on how to do this? I'm not sure what to search for in the forums. I have a Joey in a room I don't use and would like to move it to another room where there is no coax available. I'm savvy enough to figure it out once pointed in the right direction. thanks ( i'm aware this method isn't technically supported by dish)
Hook up the wireless while the Joey is still hooked up via coax. make sure it's connected to your network under settings. while I had a live tv show playing i unhooked the coax after it was connected to the wireless network, and it continued to work. still worked even after pulling the power to the joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)