Local Dish retailer says new Hopper OTA adapter to be released January 24

These may not convince the doubters among us but here area few pics. It is not installed yet but I will report back if I hear if it is better or worse.View attachment 124213 View attachment 124214 View attachment 124215

Anyone with a discriminating eye can easily see that you photoshopped that label on there. In fact, when I read the label with my barcode scanner, it came back to a 12 pack of feminine napkins at Walmart. I'm on to you, it'll take more than a few photos to convince me.

If you have access to one, why are you waiting for someone else to hook up theirs?
It's not his, it belongs to someone he knows and they sent him pics of it.

Anyone with a discriminating eye can easily see that you photoshopped that label on there. In fact, when I read the label with my barcode scanner, it came back to a 12 pack of feminine napkins at Walmart. I'm on to you, it'll take more than a few photos to convince me.
You realize there are many different types of barcodes available to use.

This is pretty much anecdotal evidence at this point but in the single installation the new tuner went from seeing 61 channels to 58 with the difference being the loss of WMAR in Baltimore.

I would be interested in hearing more reports I would like another OTA tuner but not at the loss of a few channels.

Reactions: pattykay
Wouldn't that be apples to oranges? So many variables.

Ghat is why we woluld like to heara few reports. Specs would be useful too but i see none of that. We just expect members to give us what they have.

A minor update on the one i have access to. signal strengths apparently are comparable to those obtained with the old adapter. Some slightly higher and some lower and the station lost (WMAR) is the same but iot just can't lock on that signal even after a few scans.

Not if they had an old Hopper OTA tuner to compare to.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I've ordered one from DishDepot. Got the email from Mark that it ships tomorrow USPS Priority 2 day. I have a first generation OTA tuner already hooked up. I will write down the signal strengths on the channels I have now, and compare with the new one.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Really enjoy the new Dongle. Hooked it up, Wally rebooted and didn't have to rescan, unlike the old one. The new adapter picked up the channels fine from the 1st generation Dongle scan. I did notice IMO that certain stations are a bit tougher time to pull in but out of the 141 channels the old one was able to recieve I'm still receiving 136. Much smaller design and at least thus far more compatible. This one actually lets me "edit" the OTA station names unlike the old one.

Really enjoy the new Dongle. Hooked it up, Wally rebooted and didn't have to rescan, unlike the old one. The new adapter picked up the channels fine from the 1st generation Dongle scan. I did notice IMO that certain stations are a bit tougher time to pull in but out of the 141 channels the old one was able to recieve I'm still receiving 136. Much smaller design and at least thus far more compatible. This one actually lets me "edit" the OTA station names unlike the old one.

Does it show who the manufacturer is?

No manufacturer listed. Just says "made in Malaysia." Dish logo not even shown anywhere on the adapter.

I seen on ebay from the photos here of the dongle that it looks the same as a Hauppauge dongle for sale there.....
It might look the same but it's not, I tried my Hauppauge dual and the H3 didn't even notice I had plugged it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)