Local Dish retailer says new Hopper OTA adapter to be released January 24

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The "any additional fees" I was referring to would be in addition to the purchase price of the dual tuner dongle.

Well there's no fee for the original OTA tuner, and hasn't been a fee for previous ones (like for the 722) so probably not (hence navychop's joke)

Reactions: navychop
According to the description on the DishDepot website, dual tuner functionality will be "enabled by May 2017" which is "Dish Soon TM"

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

For clarification purposes cause I own the old one, are we sure this is the new Dongle? I don't want to buy something that I already have especially since the pix on that site is for the old one.

I know many here "want to rush in"! I would probably would to, but I think my one tuner module is all we need, in that we only use is for an occasional, or regular Late Night sub channel show. I do see it as attractive to those who want an alternative for Dish Locals. Maybe we will to down the line. BUT, I would not buy into it until the software is released and deemed trouble free.

Reactions: pattykay
but I think my one tuner module is all we need
We have no need for add'l OTA tuners. No plans at all to replace it here. No doubt that more than a few members here, with the single-tuner module, will still buy the dual-tuner module ... just because ! Or, they'll justify why they need it !!

Reactions: KAB
So, DishDepot is upcharging $5 as a middle man? Wasn't $59.99 the announced price?

Actually that is not an unreasonable markup. Not sure I would pay it but it is not really gouging the consumer.

Actually that is not an unreasonable markup. Not sure I would pay it but it is not really gouging the consumer.

Generally MSRP already includes a markup--meaning MSRP is not what a retailer pays for a product. That of course may not be how dish handles things, or the price might have changed. And, to be fair, in the end $5 is not a huge markup even above MSRP, although if it's going to be available without the markup elsewhere I bet they don't leave it marked up long

Reactions: dare2be
Is Dish deport a legit site even with upcharge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are VERY legit indeed. Mark at DishDepot is excellent to deal with, I have purchased many items over the years from him. They have great customer service. Usually their prices are the same as everyone else. To me, the service you receive is worth the price.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Generally MSRP already includes a markup--meaning MSRP is not what a retailer pays for a product. That of course may not be how dish handles things, or the price might have changed. And, to be fair, in the end $5 is not a huge markup even above MSRP, although if it's going to be available without the markup elsewhere I bet they don't leave it marked up long
That's what I was getting at. Wondering if the price has changed since announcement.

Generally, MSRP is the highest price you see items sold for. If the MSRP is still $59.99 and this reseller is selling it for over that, that suggests to me that the availability of the device will be pretty limited and they are taking advantage of this.

Also, and I think this is the key, Dish Depot appears to be taking pre-orders for this item. You know how impatient many people can be, so they'll pay an extra 5 bucks to get it 1-2 days earlier than others.

Did anyone beta test these? Just wondering how it works in single tuner mode vice the existing dongle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)