Local HD Availability

brittmer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Just wondering if anyone knows how often local HD channels are added to Dish?

I currently get my local HD OTA but sure would like to be able to record more than one local HD channel at a time. Not sure if the HD package is worth it if I can't record more than one HD local at a time since that is what I mostly record.

Thanks.

Bruce

Not many local channels have been added since July 2006. I think only Charlotte near the end of January. So pretty much once in a blue moon. Which is on May 31.

This very issue is what made me switch to cable. The wife and I watch way too many HD shows on the networks to only be able to record one channel at a time. She misses the Brazilian channels, but the picture quality is superior to Dish and it costs less too. That being said, once Dish gets their act together in HD locals we'll probably be back. Right now though, it's just a deal breaker.

Edgar in Indy

when can i expect dishnetwork to launch hd locals in greensboro n.c. market and what satellite would it probably be on.

Adding HD locals seems to be really low on E*'s list of things to do. To be fair, D* doesn't seem any better at adding HD locals but whichever one adds them first, that's the one I'll go with. I hope it's E* because I won't have to make any changes but I will if I have to.

Here is the canned response that I received when I sent this question to ceo@echostar.com.

Bruce,

I understand your love for HD and would want nothing more but for us to
carry your locals. This year we are going to be launching many more HD
channels including local markets across the United States. Once I hear
any information about your city I will let you know.

Thank you

Executive Communications
Echostar Satellite LLC

Last edited:
You guys have made my day.......A week ago I sent a rather lengthy email on the topic of HD-RSN's and have yet to receive any type of response.................

I actually received two responses to my one email. You'll see there is a forward to a CharlieChat mailbox in the second one. They're about what I expected, but maybe if enough of us that want HD RSNs bitch about it, who knows???

1. Thanks for the email. I would like to apologize for the delay in my response. I can certainly understand that NESN in HD is important to you and many others. I have forwarded your request to our programming department for review. DISH Network is always trying to add more HD content to our programming line up and we continue to lead the field with the most HD channels.

Right now, we do not have any information regarding the launch of the RSN’s in HD. Thank you for your input. I hope we can have them added for you soon. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

2. Thank you for your email. Dishnetwork is currently working on bringing more HD channels to our customers. Unfortunately currently no information is available as to when the Regional Sports Networks will be broadcasted in HD. Please stay tuned to Charlie Chat on channel 101 for upcoming channel launches. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused by this issue. We have notified our programming department for your request. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused by this issue.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

DISH Network eCare

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

-----original message-----

Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:51 AM
To: CharlieChat
Subject: FW: RSN HD availability - MA Duffy

This is a good question for the next Charlie Chat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts