Local HD channels?

Wes meadows

Original poster
Dec 14, 2016
Troutville va
Is anything changed in the last 7 years iv had dish. I have 2 satellites 1 for hd and 1 for locals which are not hd. Has anything changed since then or I can upgrade to get local hd?

With few exceptions locals have been in HD for years now. Without knowing what your locals market is and what arc you are using no way to answer your question. You could contact a DIRT member here or give us some info.

Yep. So as best I can tell there may be a reason you have the Satellites you have, and why you don't have your locals in HD. Your set up is historically done because someone can not get the 129 satellite. Your locals in HD are only on the 129 satellite as it looks like Roanoke is your Market, but you may not be able to get it because trees or something is in the way. 129 can be the hardest satellite to get. If you can get 129 you need to have them change your DISH to get 110/119/129. If you can't get 129 you may need to stay as you are with no locals in HD.

It could be. Use Dishpointer.com and select 1000.2 WA for system, and put your address in. It will draw you a picture.

There is a steep hill behind the house the way the dish points. Direct Tv could not even get a signal. Could this also be the reason I can't upgrade to the hopper3? They said it's not compatible with my dish.

Reactions: jcanavera
There is a steep hill behind the house the way the dish points. Direct Tv could not even get a signal. Could this also be the reason I can't upgrade to the hopper3? They said it's not compatible with my dish.
Yes could be the reason. Unfortunately. If it makes you feel any better the set up you have is the "correct" one in your situation, it gets you your locals in SD and all the other available channels for whatever package you have. It also is not impossible that Roanoke HD will move to 61.5 at some point.

Reactions: TheKrell