Local HD channels

webtent

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
I have a DB-4 antenna to pick up local channels connected to my 942 DVR. Depending on which way I turn the antenna, some local stations come in better than others. If I want local CBS, I'll point it one way, if ABC, then turn it a bit and so on. Since I can pick up all the stations without breaking up if I point the antenna a certain way, isn't there a way to get them all to come in without breaking up without having to turn the antenna for the channel I want to watch? A second antenna joined with a splitter? My zip is 33609.

I have two antennas pointing 40 degrees and 164 degrees combined with a splitter in the attic to get Milwaukee and Chicago locals. It works fine. I read a lot about interference. But in my case I notice interference only on analog channels, and I don't need analogs anyway. Digital station are fine. :D

Minsk1 said:
I have two antennas pointing 40 degrees and 164 degrees combined with a splitter in the attic to get Milwaukee and Chicago locals. It works fine. I read a lot about interference. But in my case I notice interference only on analog channels, and I don't need analogs anyway. Digital station are fine. :D

I have another antenna here from the old VOOM setup, it is a SENSAR II I believe. But when we installed the Dish 942, could not get it to work. I've seen posts here before about how to use this antenna, can someone point me to that info or suggest how?

I suspect that Voom antenna is preamplified one, so you need power supply for that to work correctly. Also, here my observation you should follow:
1. If the second antenna is not amplified then you shoud select a splitter witch has only one power pass through output.
2. Both antennas should have the same transformers (300 ohm -> 75 ohm RG6 out).
3. Use the same length RG6 cable from splitter to antenna, 4. Signals from antenna to the splitter should match (just connect as I said above and if you will not get a signal, then change transformer inputs for one of the antennas).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)