Local HD launches eliminating places to "move?"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ddevil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Phoenix
With the upcoming launch of some local market HD channels, it appears that I will be losing my HD DNS as the place I "moved" to falls within the DMA of one of new markets.

Are the options in places to "move" to in order to receive HD DNS dwindling down to zero?

Will the only option be to "move" to LA or NY (depending on what you want) in order to keep receiving the networks in the 390's?

Hopefully it won't end up with there being only a small part of the country still eligible for DNS and it ends up with 50,000 people "moving" to northern Montana. That might raise a red flag. :)

Hopefully it won't end up with there being only a small part of the country still eligible for DNS and it ends up with 50,000 people "moving" to northern Montana. That might raise a red flag. :)

Red flag for who? It seems D* follows the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. You live where? Good enough! Beside you ARE paying for what you receive so it's not like anything is being "stolen", right?

So, bundle up! It gets cold in Montana!!! :)

This brings up something I have wondered about: If the day comes when all DMAs are served with locals, what are the odds that the DNS channels be discontinued? Are there other reasons to keep these going (RVs, etc.)?

This brings up something I have wondered about: If the day comes when all DMAs are served with locals, what are the odds that the DNS channels be discontinued? Are there other reasons to keep these going (RVs, etc.)?
There will likely always be areas that aren't served by spotbeams; especially since the advent of Ka band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)