Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Swanni has written another article in which I agree with him with.

You might want to check it out...

DIRECTV Needs a CEO -- Now!

(September 29, 2009) -- DIRECTV needs to hire a new Chief Executive Officer -- and I'm talking right now. The company has been without a top leader for at least three months and it's starting to show.

Since ex-DIRECTV CEO Chase Carey returned to News Corp. in early summer, the satcaster has been hit by a series of embarrassing newspaper articles and TV reports.

Read the rest at DIRECTV Needs a CEO -- Now!

I LIKE this part:

DIRECTV has been so embarrassed by the dispute that it now says it would be willing to carry Versus' National Hockey League games while negotiations continue. (Well, how nice of them.)

:up

Ha now would be funny Vurb.

For the other guys, please take the blinders off and take a look at whats happened to DirecTV over the past few months.

Something is very wrong there, don't you want to see it fixed?

Wasnt it Carey that instituted the 100 dollar HD superfan add on? Swanni thinks that will change? That has nothing to do with not having a CEO. No matter who they bring in it is not going to change to corporate greed mentality.

Ha now would be funny Vurb.

For the other guys, please take the blinders off and take a look at whats happened to DirecTV over the past few months.

Something is very wrong there, don't you want to see it fixed?
I do agree the versus thing is just stupid. D* almost never lets this happen. Something is wrong.

I am not 100% sure about the Superfan charge.

They should not be charging it to show HD versions of the game, since HD is the only way the games are shot now. Its silly that you need to pay $100 more to see the games the way they are actually shot.

But they should be charging for the extras such as watching over broadband and cell phones.

Man Van, you are not kidding.

I was reading the other site and almost spit my drink out when the staff there keeps saying there are no problems at DirecTV, when their site is full of complaints lately.

You would think they would want to make things better instead of ignoring whats going on.

I don't have a problem with someone liking something but there has to be a point where you can be objective when looking at that something and see that its not perfect. In my case I like windows vista because its been stable for me as compared to all the complaints that you see out there yet I admit that it is a resource hog straight out of the box without careful configuring. Direct has good programming but their customer service sucks, they've been pulling this contract extension scam since at least last December and the equipment is just as reliable as E's as well and the installation company that they use ( mastec ) leaves allot to be desired.

I am not 100% sure about the Superfan charge.

They should not be charging it to show HD versions of the game, since HD is the only way the games are shot now. Its silly that you need to pay $100 more to see the games the way they are actually shot.

But they should be charging for the extras such as watching over broadband and cell phones.

Don't you think that they do it this way so the people without HD don't have to pay for it?

I don't have a problem with someone liking something but there has to be a point where you can be objective when looking at that something and see that its not perfect. In my case I like windows vista because its been stable for me as compared to all the complaints that you see out there yet I admit that it is a resource hog straight out of the box without careful configuring. Direct has good programming but their customer service sucks, they've been pulling this contract extension scam since at least last December and the equipment is just as reliable as E's as well and the installation company that they use ( mastec ) leaves allot to be desired.

Van all things have their problems and are not perfect. I personally have not had any bad experiences with Directv yet but you better believe that all these comments lately are making me double check my bill every month.

Hopefully they will get things back together soon.

We don't know, but since the games are all natively in HD it really dont make sense to the fans to charge them more to see the games in the format they were shot.

As I said before I have ZERO problem with them charging more for the broadband access, game mix channel and even redzone. But they need to be consistant across the board for HD games being shown in their sports packages.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)