DIRECTV Needs a CEO -- Now!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now all Chase has to do is convince Rupert to reaquire DirecTV and bring us back to our glory years!.:D
Do you really think that Rupert wants to buy back the company he called the "Turd Bird?"

I want to see someone buy it who will handle the company with Kid Gloves. DirecTV was the gold standard of pay television and it could easily be again.

We need folks to run the company who love the technology and the product and not just a bunch of bean counters. Look at what happens to the company when bean counters get involved.

Do you really think that Rupert wants to buy back the company he called the "Turd Bird?"

I want to see someone buy it who will handle the company with Kid Gloves. DirecTV was the gold standard of pay television and it could easily be again.

We need folks to run the company who love the technology and the product and not just a bunch of bean counters. Look at what happens to the company when bean counters get involved.

Rupert said that when he knew he was getting rid of it you know when I have something it's great now I'm getting rid of it it's crap!.;)

No matter how you look at it DirecTV under Rupert and Chase will be DirecTV's golden years.:)

I have to agree even more that they need new leadership and start fixing things from the ground up. I just upgraded one of my SD receivers to a HD DVR and I was never told about a commitment. Of course I already knew that there would be one, but the average joe would have no idea.

I have to agree even more that they need new leadership and start fixing things from the ground up. I just upgraded one of my SD receivers to a HD DVR and I was never told about a commitment. Of course I already knew that there would be one, but the average joe would have no idea.

+1. I had a nice talk yesterday evening with a CSR from Colorado. I called to verify a receiver replacement for an old '99 Sony SAT-A4 box that no longer can receive the "700" channels. DTV has a current free replcement promo replacement for older boxes that can't receive all of the channels. Anyway, we talked about several things, CI, Vs, MSG-HD, D12 upcomng launch. She was a very good CSR and polite. I made certain that I asked her about my 2-yr commitment to insure that the new replacement box would not extend my contract time. I learned some things about the commitment and what actions extend the time period and what doesn't (or shouldn't) extend the time. I also verified my time remaining on my 2-yr contract.

But you're right about the average customer having no info about the contract and other programming facts that we all are aware of on these forums. One example of this was when the CSR and I were talking about ST. She has been receiving a lot of calls about the Vs issue and customers usually bring up ST and say things like "I'm leaving for Dish or another provider. I can get ST anywhere." Just an example of what some of the phone calls are like for CSR's out there. That doesn't excuse DTV from being (imo) somewhat un-informative about the 2-yr contract. I think that this info should be available on our DTV acct site. There shouldn't be a need to call a CSR to get that info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)