Local HD list

M

mrbluehead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 20, 2004
Sorry if this has been posted on here, but I haven't been on this board in sometime. Anyway is there a list which states the cites getting local HD channels on Dish or which cites they will be adding soon, I heard there are 13 and would have 50 by the end of the year.

M

mrbluehead

Jul 20, 2004
Not on that list, but looks like there is a blank stop saved for Lexington, just above the Louisville spot. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hope the HD locals come to Lexington quicker than the regular locals did.

M

mrbluehead

Jul 20, 2004
Oh yeah, thanks for the link!:)

waltinvt

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Speaking of HD LiLs (and HD DNS), I was given some information about them a couple months ago (which I posted) by Marc Lumpkin. Since none of what he told me has happened, I have been trying to follow up with him for a couple weeks now but have not received any replies.

Has anyone else had contact with him lately?

Basically at that time he said Dish was "very close" to getting ABC-HD and in negotiations with FOX & NBC for their distant HD feeds.

He had also said the remaining HD LiLs depended a lot on how Echostar-X went plus current negotiations with certain affiliates.

Has anyone heard anything more recent?

B

BobaBird

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
EKB Annex
mrbluehead, the blank spots are something of a countdown, a hole left behind as each market becomes uplinked then available. If all goes well, the list of potential markets will be empty by the end of the year.

M

mrbluehead

Jul 20, 2004
So does anyone know when they may add more channels or is this list all there will be for the year. I have a feeling it may be a few years before I get them:mad:

gdarwin

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
mrbluehead said:
So does anyone know when they may add more channels or is this list all there will be for the year. I have a feeling it may be a few years before I get them:mad:

Louisville is on the list. I called an engineer at WHAS and they had no idea when E* is going to uplink. It happens when it happens....:(

jgags6

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
IF they do get promission to use distant HD locals does that means since my local Fox is not in hd i will be able to get fox chicago since i live in rockford il?

rglore

rglore

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Louisville
Hope they put Louisville on 110, neighbor's house blocks 129. I would need a seperate dish just for 129 in the front yard, would just stick with OTA.

mdonnelly

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
jgags6 said:
IF they do get promission to use distant HD locals does that means since my local Fox is not in hd i will be able to get fox chicago since i live in rockford il?
It's not HD locals, it's digital locals. And I think you'd need a waiver from your local station to get Chicago. Even that might not work, since E* isn't providing distant HD to anybody yet.