Local HD list

mrbluehead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Sorry if this has been posted on here, but I haven't been on this board in sometime. Anyway is there a list which states the cites getting local HD channels on Dish or which cites they will be adding soon, I heard there are 13 and would have 50 by the end of the year.

Not on that list, but looks like there is a blank stop saved for Lexington, just above the Louisville spot. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hope the HD locals come to Lexington quicker than the regular locals did.

Speaking of HD LiLs (and HD DNS), I was given some information about them a couple months ago (which I posted) by Marc Lumpkin. Since none of what he told me has happened, I have been trying to follow up with him for a couple weeks now but have not received any replies.

Has anyone else had contact with him lately?

Basically at that time he said Dish was "very close" to getting ABC-HD and in negotiations with FOX & NBC for their distant HD feeds.

He had also said the remaining HD LiLs depended a lot on how Echostar-X went plus current negotiations with certain affiliates.

Has anyone heard anything more recent?

mrbluehead, the blank spots are something of a countdown, a hole left behind as each market becomes uplinked then available. If all goes well, the list of potential markets will be empty by the end of the year.

So does anyone know when they may add more channels or is this list all there will be for the year. I have a feeling it may be a few years before I get them:mad:

mrbluehead said:
So does anyone know when they may add more channels or is this list all there will be for the year. I have a feeling it may be a few years before I get them:mad:

Louisville is on the list. I called an engineer at WHAS and they had no idea when E* is going to uplink. It happens when it happens....:(

IF they do get promission to use distant HD locals does that means since my local Fox is not in hd i will be able to get fox chicago since i live in rockford il?

Hope they put Louisville on 110, neighbor's house blocks 129. I would need a seperate dish just for 129 in the front yard, would just stick with OTA.

jgags6 said:
IF they do get promission to use distant HD locals does that means since my local Fox is not in hd i will be able to get fox chicago since i live in rockford il?
It's not HD locals, it's digital locals. And I think you'd need a waiver from your local station to get Chicago. Even that might not work, since E* isn't providing distant HD to anybody yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)