LOCAL HD NETWORKS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rabyf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
panama
I AM PLANNING TO SUBSCRIBE TO DISHNETWORK BUT I AM IN PUERTO RICO BUT I WANT TO GET THE LOCAL NEW YORK NETWORKS (ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX) IS THIS POSSIBLE? AND HOW

i know there not available but i was told that if i provide a new york zip code or any ather zip code that is not for puerto rico when i call to subscribe i will get the locals of the zip code i provide ( i am buying the vip722 box from e bay and calling dishnet to subscribe with my credit card so the will not know where exactly i am in order to get local channels of anywhere else

NY HD locals are on a spotbeam which most certainly does NOT reach PR! I think you might be able to buy SD NY locals from some company other than Dish...

actually i am in panama central america witch is more far away than puerto rico and i can see here the networks for rochester NY

I thought you wanted NY, NY HD locals which are indeed on a spot beam. Rochester HD locals are still on a conus beam on 61.5. (Rochester SD locals are on spots on 110.)

That was my point. Someone said they were on spotbeam. So the original poster should be able to "move" and get the NY locals.

they are uplinked twice

The ones on spotbeams are for NY addresses and are in the 6000's (remapped to the normal numbers)
The ones on CONUS are ONLY for folks who submit the necessary RV forms (are in the 9950's and I dont know if they are remapped)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)