Local Hd PBS channel slide show

rwalborn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Southern California
I am having a weird problem. I have a problem with the local OTA PBS channel HD channel KOCE -50-01 . Instead of continuous video, the program looks like a slide show. The video appears to be missing frame. I am using a 722 receiver with a L447 software. I am only about 30 miles from Mt
Wilson , and the 722 signal strength meter reads 95 on this channel. Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior?

Happened to me today on all channels. I just powered it off and on and was good. Not sure what caused it, but I had good signal.

Garbage data from OTA or even satellite source can bog down the OS or the video chip and the reboot cleans up the mess. Like a memory leak in Windows.

Memory is not released back to the system after being used - soon you run low.

It gets weirder! Resetting the receiver does not clear he problem. If I pause the program and skip backwards a couple of seconds, and then hit play the program will play normally. I can also record the program while in the "delay mode". However, if I skipped backward and get the program to play normally, hitting the "live" button throws the back to slide show mode.