local hdtv recording

mlrtime3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sorry if this is a basic question, I couldn't find an answer.

I have the 622 with HD NYC locals. I set a timer to record "criminal minds" on CBS. When I setup the timer I selected the show on CBS HD Channel 6301.

However, when I tried to watch the show, I saw that it recorded in SD on channel 8101.

Is there any way to force the HD version? When I view the timer it doesn't look like the channel is anywhere as an option.

Thanks

now that hd priority map down is working, you should be able to record from say 004-00 wnbc and have it HD.

mlrtime3 said:
Sorry if this is a basic question, I couldn't find an answer.

I have the 622 with HD NYC locals. I set a timer to record "criminal minds" on CBS. When I setup the timer I selected the show on CBS HD Channel 6301.

However, when I tried to watch the show, I saw that it recorded in SD on channel 8101.

Is there any way to force the HD version? When I view the timer it doesn't look like the channel is anywhere as an option.

Thanks

What procedure did you use to set up the timer? I have not had that problem. By the way, mapping down is not working on my 622 but that's another post.

I've setup another timer and will test it with tonight's HD local shows.

Thanks

If you are using Dish Pass then it will record the first channel it finds that meets the specifications you selected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)